Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
h&s

Woo: Consolidated view for native and custom product archives?

Hi All,
new customers here, greetings! We are currently building a WooCommerce store. In our situation it seems to make a lot of sense not to stick to traditional categories and attributes, but to use a custom page type. This CPT will in the frontend look exactly like categories. In fact it would be awesome for our editors to have a consolidated backend list of categories + this custom page type. Otherwise they’d have to look for T-Shirts in Categories and in an entirely different place for Ladies T-Shirts.

I wonder, if it is possible with AC to create a consolidated view for native and custom product archives?

Thanks, Holger

3 years, 8 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Holger,

I don’t believe it is possible with our plugin to achieve what you describe.
Our plugin only works on overview page that our plugin can recognize based on the URL.
So this means it will work in your case for the different types you describe:
– Custom Product Category
– Product overview (default WooCommerce).

It is not possible to create the actual pages with our plugin. Our plugin just makes it possible to manage the columns for tables on overview pages that our plugin support.

But you can try to create multiple views (column sets) with saved filters (Segments) to easily create pre-filtered overview pages that can easily be selected on the page itself. Maybe that allows you to use our functionality to create something that will work similarly to what you want.

3 years, 8 months ago
h&s

Thank you very much Stefan and please excuse the delayed answer! I was away for a couple of days. Yup, I was already afraid, that we could not create a unified display of two separate lists – but I thought it was worth asking (other options you suggest don’t output what I had in mind). We’re still in the baby-steps of our multi-site installation… With respect to these I think I have read in your docs, that you are able to show at least some content from the another site inside the presently active one. Hence the question.

Thanks again, Holger

3 years, 8 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.