Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
randal.oulton

Editing permalink

I just purchased the business level hoping to be able to quickly inline edit posts’ permalinks. The marketing implied that all columns would be editable and did not list any restrictions. However, I don’t see any options to enable editing for permalinks. Am I missing something or is this not available?

I have thousands of permalinks to edit. Note that editing these is a business requirement as I am working with a mature, imported site and the permalinks must reflect the previous URLs, rather than any hierarchy WordPress might want to impose on them, in order to avoid chaos with Google’s indexing of the site (established URLs are nearly 20 years old and rank very well in their field and it is a business requirement that this ranking not be lost.)

Help much appreciated.

5 years, 11 months ago
randal.oulton

I see in another post that others have run into this issue, and that this is one feature you don’t support. https://www.admincolumns.com/forums/topic/inline-permalink-or-path/

You may wish to mention that in your marketing FAQ so that other purchasers are aware going in that, though (most?) fields are editable, this is one notable exception.

As a work-around, I’m going to try to create a custom column type to enable me to do this anyway, but I’m not getting the results I would expect, and made a request for help on that in a new, separate thread here: https://www.admincolumns.com/forums/topic/using-new-column-type-template/

Cheers!

5 years, 11 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Randal,

Like you probably read on the ticket you found on our forum and also pointed out in your first comment, editing the permalink is not something that can work easily by editing a field in the databse, with our without our plugin.

Some columns are just too complicated to add editing, sorting or filtering to them. All our columns are listed on our website with their supported features.

Help Center

I guess a link to this page on our FAQ would be a good addition, so thank you for your feedback. I will close this topic and reply on your other topic.

5 years, 11 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.