Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Tom

Activation Error

I have been having a great time with ACP and had no issues activating in on my production server(s).

However on my local development server I am getting the following error

Wrong response from API. 0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

I am running Ubuntu with an up to date latest LAMP Stack.

Should I have something enabled I don’t in my php settings or is it possible to have activation fallback on another method?

9 years, 8 months ago
Jesper

Hi Tom,

Am I correct in assuming you’re running Admin Columns on a local environment? If so, could you open up a terminal window and see if pinging the host “admincolumns.com” works?

$ ping admincolumns.com

That would be a good first step in assessing this issue!

Cheers!
Jesper

9 years, 8 months ago
Tom

The connection to the server doesn’t seem to be the problem.

screengrab

Equally fopen seems to work for the main site? http://bit.ly/VGbI4P

I think I am right in assuming you use that method to query the server?

9 years, 8 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this issue myself.

We use wp_remote_get() to retrieve the data from http://www.admincolumns.com. It seems you know your way around PHP, so you might want to check the raw response.

The request is being made from /cac-addon-pro/classes/api.php : ACP_API::request(); If you print_r the $result, you will find the full WP Error. Hopefully this will help you on your way with debugging. If there’s anything I can do just let me know. I would also really like to know the solution to this.

(This topic is related to: admincolumns.com/forums/topic/unable-to-activate/)

9 years, 8 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

Finally I was able to reproduce this error on a different server. The issue had to do with wp_remote_get and how the querystring was formatted. I was able to resolve it and I will make sure the fix is in the next release.

If you want to update your current version (v3.0.8.3) yourself, you can do the following:

Replace /pro/classes/api.php lines 130-133:

$result = wp_remote_get( $query, array(
	'timeout' 	=> 15,
	'sslverify' => false
) );

with

$result = wp_remote_post( $api_url, array(
	'timeout' 	=> 15,
	'sslverify' => false,
	'body' => $args
) );
9 years, 8 months ago
Tom

Star!

I tried a load of wp_remote_post variable changes to try to fix it but eventually gave up :)

9 years, 8 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.