Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
BxB Media

"Your Site is Experiencing a Technical Issue"

I have just installed Admin Columns Pro and am in the process of customizing the Post columns. I turned ‘Inline Editing’ on for the (Yoast) SEO Title column. However, when I made an inline edit for a post’s SEO Title I received the following message from the site via email:

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, Yoast SEO.

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 250 of the file /www/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/admin/links/class-link-columns.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get() on null in /www/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/admin/links/class-link-columns.php:250
Stack trace:
#0 /www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPSEO_Link_Columns->column_content(‘wpseo-links’, 1682)
#1 /www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array)
#2 /www/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#3 /www/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-posts-list-table.php(1257): do_action(‘manage_post_pos…’, ‘wpseo-links’, 1682)
#4 /www/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-list-table.php(1332): WP_Posts_List_Table->column_default(Object(WP_Post), ‘wpseo-links’)
#5 /www/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-posts-list-table.php(1290): WP_List_Table->single_row_columns(Object(WP_Post))
#6 /www/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/admin-columns/classes/ListScreenWP.php(38): WP_Posts_List_Table->single_row(Object(WP_Post))
#7 /www/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/Editing/Ajax/TableRows.php(46): AC\ListScreenWP->get_single_row(1682)
#8 /www/wp-include

It looks like the error is technically caused by the Yoast plugin, but it was triggered by the inline editing feature of Admin Columns Pro.

Is this anything you can address? I am looking to add your plugin to multiple sites and would like this feature to work without errors.

Thank you!

4 years, 8 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Thanks for your feedback.
This seems to be triggered on an Ajax request specifically for the Yoast SEO Link column.
I noticed that when you remove this column from the overview with our plugin, the issue does not occur.

But I’ll make a notice of this to investigate this further to see if this is something that has to be fixed on our side or on the Yoast SEO side.

You can follow this bug if you like on Github.
https://github.com/codepress/admin-columns-issues/issues/1264

4 years, 8 months ago
BxB Media

Would the following be a workaround?

• Remove “Yoast SEO” > “Outgoing Internal Links”
• Add “Custom” > “Link Count”

Are those two columns measuring the same thing?

4 years, 8 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

I’m not sure if we have the exact same solution for measuring links on a page, but I would say that those columns are basically the same yes. So I would definitely suggest it for now (until we found a fix for this issue).

4 years, 8 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.