Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Antar

Your Site is Experiencing a Technical Issue

Hello,

Lately, every time I upgrade, WP generates the same error message:

“Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, Admin Columns Pro.”

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 17 of the file public_html/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/API/Request/ProductsUpdate.php. Error message: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to ACP\API\Request\ProductsUpdate::__construct() must be an instance of ACP\Type\SiteUrl, instance of ACP\Type\License\Key given, called in public_html/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/Updates/Updater.php on line 47 and defined in public_html/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/API/Request/ProductsUpdate.php:17
Stack trace:
#0 public_html/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/Updates/Updater.php(47): ACP\API\Request\ProductsUpdate->__construct(Object(ACP\Type\License\Key))
#1 public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(290): ACP\Updates\Updater->check_update(Object(stdClass))
#2 public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(206): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Object(stdClass), Array)
#3 public_html/wp-includes/option.php(1832): apply_filters('pre_set_site_tr...', Object(stdClass), 'update_plugins')
#4 public_html/wp-includes/update.php(334): set_site_tra

This happens on every site I update. Same error – same message.

It’s getting tedious!

Antar Howarth

4 years, 1 month ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Thanks for your feedback.
We did have investigated this bug and found out that this is only triggered in some situations and on some installation.

The first thing I like to say is that the update itself will install successfully without an error.

But the issue will trigger because we change a file that is loaded on a specific hook that runs on plugin checks and updates. For some reason, WordPress reruns this hook after the installation is completed and try to create a class from the new installation with in-memory variables from our old version.

So the only situation when this happens is that when we change this specific class with new constructor variables, which is exactly what we did the last two releases.

Of course, we understand that might cause some frustrations, and we’re sorry about that. We will keep trying to understand why this happens and see if we can anything about it.

4 years, 1 month ago
Antar

Thanks for the info, Stefan. I hope you get things sorted soon. I have a lot of installations. That means I get a lot of error messages!

Antar

4 years, 1 month ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.