Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Yves

yoast seo metadata for taxonomies

I have yoast seo and the yoast seo add-on for admin columns installed and activated.
When I want to add extra field to the tags taxonomy listing in my wordpress admin, I don’t see the yoast option.

When I look at the posts listing, there is an option to add yoast metadata to the post listing.

How can I show the tags yoast metadata fields in the admin listing?

1 year, 7 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

It seems that we assume that SEO for taxonomies is/was a Yoast SEO Pro feature. At least we only load our taxonomy column when the pro version of Yoast SEO is installed. But after testing, I noticed that this feature is also available in the free version of Yoast SEO. So there is no reason to restrict our Taxonomy column only when the pro is installed.

I’ve changed this in our code so that all Yoast columns are also available for the Taxonomy page and it will be shipped in the next big update of Admin Columns Pro.

You could simply enable the columns yourself by changing this file for the time being:

ac-addon-yoast/classes/Columns/TermMeta.php

You can remove the complete is_valid method or simply return true in that method.

1 year, 7 months ago
Yves

I love simple solutions.
I was able to make the changes and add the column.

Is it also possible to make these yoast fields filterable and updateable?

1 year, 7 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

There is currently no support for filtering, because of the way this data is stored, which is not ideal.
We may change this is the future, but I don’t have a workaround for it.
Editing should be possible for the Title and MetaDescription columns though.

1 year, 7 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.