Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
mark.sund

Would like WordPress.COM Business compatibility

We’re testing WordPress.COM for creating client websites. WP.com Business plans now allow you to install plugins, even upload plugins that aren’t in the WP Repository. Many plugins we’ve tried are compatible, including ACF and CPT UI and of course WooCommerce. But Admin Columns isn’t. I asked WP.com support, and this is what they said about Admin Columns…

Unfortunately, this is a plugin that attempts to alter the database of the site. General plugins which alter the database are not a great fit for our Business plan sites.

It would be wonderful to use Admin Columns Pro on WordPress.COM!

Mark Sund, Studio Director, Sund + Co

6 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Mark,

To be honest I did not know our plugin was not permitted on WP.com.
Even stranger is that our plugin is not allowed for the reason that it alters the database while the other plugins you mentioned are doing the same in a more intensive way.

I will contact the support of WordPress.com and ask what we can do to allow our plugin to be installed on their services.

6 years, 2 months ago
mark.sund

Stefan – thanks for looking into this – Mark

6 years, 2 months ago
mark.sund

Stefan and the Admin Columns Pro people,

Goods news. It turns out that WordPress.com support jumped the gun. Admin Columns is compatible with WordPress.com Business accounts. The theme we had installed had a bug, which was fixed today, and Admin Columns wouldn’t run. Now it’s working fine with the updated theme.

So Admin Columns is in fact compatible with WordPress.com Business accounts.

Thank you for an awesome plugin. The columns of additional info on the post and page listings in WordPress is a great convenience.

(I have a feature request, but that’s for another entry!)

Mark Sund, Studio Director, Sund + Co, Cincinnati USA

6 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Thanks for the update.
I’m glad to know that our plugin is in fact compatible on WordPress.com.
I will close this ticket and have a look for your feature request.

6 years, 2 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.