Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Christian Albanhac

Woocommerce Attributes Visibility

(This may be an enhancement request instead)

Hello,

When updating product attributes through the normal product edit function in Woocommerce, there is a tick box for ‘Visible on the product page’ that will display the attribute’s values to the customers. However, when I try to update the same product attributes through Admin Columns (either with inline editing or in bulk), this option isn’t displayed and so all attribute values default to not visible.

Is there a way to update attribute product page visibility when making changes using Admin Columns?

Many thanks!

Christian

3 years, 9 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your feedback.
I understand why this might be useful, especially when adding new attributes to product with our bulk editing or inline editing feature. I’m not sure if it will be possible to integrate this in the current UI or that we create a different column for it. I’ve added the request to our list for the WooCommerce integration.

3 years, 9 months ago
hancko

Hi. Something new about this? Thank you.

3 years, 6 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Sorry, no news.
There is no support in our editing feature to support this at the moment.
So if we’re going to support this, we’ll need to create something completely new for WooCommerce Attribute editing. To be honest, I don’t give it a high chance that this will happen any time soon.

3 years, 6 months ago
Rachel RICHARD

I’m interested too in “attribute visibility” matters.
I bought ACPro for its bulk edit capabilites (of attributes as well) and it’s doing great!
Thanks to it I’m working on cleaning my products as on some products some attributes were forgotten. And ACPro helps me for that.
But I’m also having a problem: for some products, some attributes are “invisible” whereas the attribute contains values.
And I can’t check that.

In fact, I emplemented specific columns to show attribute visibility, but as I can’t (for now) sort/filter on this value and (bulk) edit it… I was full of hope that you could do something for that. I’m sure you’ll know how to do it better than me.

But reading the recent answers, I fight I’ll light a candle and make a wish :)

Just let me know.

3 years, 5 months ago
Rachel RICHARD

In fact, I get the problem (maybe for “Christian”, “Hancko” and I) : using ACPro, attributes are added to the product through the different tables, but “_product_attributes” value is not updated inaccordingly in wpdev_postmeta!

For instance, I added a “Saison” attribute and used ACPro to bulk edit my product. The table “wpdev_term_relationships” got updated and my products ‘object_id’ are linked to the accurate ‘term_taxonomy_id’.
But still, the final link between the attributes and the products (as those attributes I changes are WooCommerce product, so the posts are “products”) is not set: “_product_attributes” should be updated in wpdev_postmeta with something like:

[…beginning of “_product_attributes” meta_value…]s:9:”pa_saison”;a:6{s:4:”name”;s:9:”pa_saison”;s:5:”value”;s:0:””;s:8:”position”;i:2;s:10:”is_visible”;i:1;s:12:”is_variation”;i:0;s:11:”is_taxonomy”;i:1;}[…end of “_product_attributes” meta_value…]

And as you can see _product_attributes also contains the information of specific attribute visibility (s:10:”is_visible”;i:1;), this points to my problem/enahcement request!

Sincerely hope you could enhance “Admin Columns Pro – WooCommerce” plugin to add this missing link and deal with “attributes visibility”.

-Fingers crossed-

3 years, 5 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.