Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Vincent

Woo Product Variation in Order Screen and Export?

Is there a way to display the Product Name AND the Product Variation in the Order table?

Currently the “Product” column only shows the main product name. I see a column for “Product – Details” which seems to show the product name and the variation combined, which is fine. But that doesn’t get included in the export for some reason.

Is there a way to have a column of all “Product – Variation” items (comma separated) that were part of the order? E.g.,

Really Cool Shirt – Large, Leather Gloves – Black, 2019 Calendar, Socks – Medium

Basically I need a way to be able to sort through variations in some form, within the Export… so I can (for example) see all products with the “Small” variation/attribute… along with the “product” it’s attached to.

6 years, 1 month ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your feedback. I do like your request. The only problem is that introducing another column for Orders that does something similar as the product and product details, might be confusing. We receive a lot of specific use cases for the order screen about how they want to see their product data / line items. Showing this for variable products is another layer of complexity we have to add.

I just made a concept of a line item column, that just shows you the line item title and the quantity, including the export logic. For variable products the line item title is something link this: {Product Title} – {Variation} so this looks quite similar to your example. Like I said before, I’m not sure if we should add another column or alter the other columns to display variation info, but at least this example gives you a working example on this column. Feel free to extract the column from the package and alter it as you please (if you’re a developer).

https://github.com/codepress/ac-addon-extra-columns

6 years, 1 month ago
Vincent

So does that Github addon already contain the requested fields? Or is that just a plugin that will let ME add it manually?

6 years, 1 month ago
Developer

Hi Vincent,

The add-on already contains a plugin that will show the line items in an order in the format I suggested.
You’ll have to enable the column in the settings page (see also the description on the readme on Github)

6 years, 1 month ago
Vincent

Seems to work well, but is there any way to add filtering to the ACA_Extra_Columns_Column_ShopOrder_LineItems, to be able to filter by each $item?

6 years, 1 month ago
Developer

Hi Vincent,

Creating filtering for that column is quite complex, so I won’t add that to the additional column addon. But we changed our Product column to show variation information instead of only the parent title/sku etc. We also changed this column to work with filtering. We have to test this change a bit more, but I expect it will be available in the next WooCommerce integration release.

6 years, 1 month ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.