Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
amrazek

What types of columns can be exported to CSV?

Are there known limitations on which types of columns can be exported to CSV? I notice that columns labeled ‘Default’ in the Add Column interface do not currently show up in the CSV file.

6 years, 5 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

Hi, we made all the columns that come with Admin Columns exportable, including WordPress default columns and also the ACF and WooCommerce columns. We are currently working on the other integrations, like Pods and Types. This should be released soon.

The ‘default’ columns you mentioned must be columns that are either defined by a plugin or in your theme. To make it less confusing I will call them ‘custom defined’ columns because all WordPress default columns, like Title and Date, are exportable.

These ‘custom defined’ columns are currently not supported because they are custom made by either yourself or a theme/plugin author and their output is not controlled by Admin Columns. We are looking for a way to export these columns as well, but it’s technically quite a challenge. We do have it on our roadmap, but I can’t give out a release date yet.

You can track this issue on GitHub if you like. Once we support this we’ll also send out a newsletter.

Cheers,

Tobias

6 years, 5 months ago
amrazek

Thanks for the explanation – These do appear to be custom-defined columns, and I now see that they are all organized under Custom Fields in the Admin Column selection interface.

6 years, 5 months ago
David Mosterd
Developer

Hi,

Can you perhaps send us an email (support@admincolumns.com) with a screenshot of this? If they are custom fields that use regular meta and managed with Admin Columns, they should be exported.

Best,
David

6 years, 4 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.