Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Alan

WC Subscriptions issue after upgrading to 5.3

It appears that for compatibility with 5.3, an upgrade is needed to the WooCommerce Addon.

After upgrading to 5.3, on the Subscriptions listing page the “Screen Options” panel no longer appears when the tab at the top right corner is clicked. The Smart Filters functionality was visible prior to the upgrade to 5.3 but hidden afterwards, and the Screen Options panel is required to re-enable it.

The issue persisted after I deactivated all plugins other than WooCommerce, Subscriptions, Admin Columns Pro and Admin Columns Pro WooCommerce. Reverting to 5.2.3 corrected the problem. I’m running WordPress 5.5.

1 month ago
Stefan
Developer

I’m sorry to hear that the screen options menu are not working anymore.
Can you check the browser’s console for me to see if there are any JavaScript errors?
The Screen Options menu works mainly on Javascript so I expect that we have to look for that.
I’m not able to reproduce the issue on my install with WooCommerce and Subscriptions installed.

1 month ago
Alan

On a dev site, I’ve switched to the 2020 theme and deactivated every plugin other than Subscriptions, WooCommerce and Admin Columns Pro. I don’t even have the WooCommerce addon for ACP active. When I enable Admin Columns 5.3, the issue appears.

The error log below is from the Chrome console. At the bottom, I’ve pasted the URL that appears when I hover over table.js?ver=1597801771 in the console. This only appears in the console when I’m on the Subscriptions listing page. I don’t get this error on the Orders listing, for example (and the screen options panel works on the other pages).

This particular site usually has lots of customization but with all the plugins switched off and the 2020 theme running, I’m not sure what’s unique about my environment. I have root access to the hosting server, so if there’s an issue with the server configuration I can correct it. But again, this issue doesn’t happen for me with the previous version of ACP.


table.js?ver=1597801771:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'querySelectorAll' of null
    at t.init (table.js?ver=1597801771:1)
    at new t (table.js?ver=1597801771:1)
    at new t (table.js?ver=1597801771:1)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (table.js?ver=1597801771:1)
    at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at HTMLDocument.J (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)

    https://dev.cocoadaisy.com/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/admin-columns/assets/js/table.js?ver=1597801771
1 month ago
Alan

I may have found a clue.

This store has 19,000 subscriptions (only 2,400 currently active). If I select the “Draft” status filter, and only list the 3 subscriptions with status of Draft, the javascript error isn’t triggered. The Screen Options panel works and the error isn’t reported in the console.

In Screen Options I set the number of items per page to 3. It didn’t matter. If I chose any status other than Draft the error was still triggered.

The status with next lowest number in this store was “Pending Cancellation”, with 14 items. But even with that number I still got the error. So, I deleted 3 of the subscriptions that were Pending Cancellation.

After the total number had been reduced from 14 to 11, the error was no longer triggered. Since I deleted 3 at once I don’t know what the upper limit would have been, but it appears that the maximum number of subscriptions that can be listed without triggering the error is either 13, 12 or 11 (even if only 3 are shown per page).

1 month ago
Stefan
Developer

It’s hard to debug this issue with the build script.
Do you have a staging or test environment where I can get access to reproduce the issue?
I like to know on which variable the querySelectorAll method is called so we can figure out why that element is not available when more than x items is shown on the page.

1 month ago
Alan

Yes, the testing I’m doing is on a staging site. Do you have a more secure way for me to give you credentials?

1 month ago
Alan

sent.

Thanks

1 month ago
Alan

I just installed the plugin below on the staging site.

Disable WooCommerce Bloat

The above plugin “de-cluttered” in the console.

Without that plugin there were some JavaScript errors in the console related to the new WooCommerce Dashboard & analytics.
Now the only error in the console is related to the issue we’re discussing.

Feel free to disable or enable any plugins or to change any settings as needed for troubleshooting.

1 month ago
Stefan
Developer

I was able to reproduce the issue on your environment and already made a fix in our software.
The fix will be available in the next release, and I installed a patched version on your installation. You can copy it to your live environment to have it fixed as well.

The issue was that the wrong Table for column analysis was used. Instead of the wp-list-table, the table in the item column was targeted. I sharpened the selectors so that the correct table is not selected.

1 month ago
Alan

That was fast!
Thanks for taking care of it.

1 month ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.