Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Vincent

Very laggy functionality with custom fields

When viewing the table list of my custom posts, the ACF filtering is very laggy. The filter dropdowns (and the entire page, actually) is non-responsive for about 5 to 10 seconds.

It MIGHT be related to the numerous terms/options within each of the field dropdowns.

I have about 5000 entries/posts, but am showing only 10 items per page.

As soon as I load the backend page everything is fine, but a couple seconds later the page becomes unresponsive for about 5 to 10 seconds. This only happens with custom fields that have a lot of data (whether I use the ACF add-on and ACF column, or just the normal Custom Field column).

Again, when I have certain fields/columns with “Filtering” enabled, it causes lag. This is why I think it’s related to the number of options within some of the dropdowns.

If it helps, I can provide access to the backend of the site. I’m testing it with only these installed:

Twenty Seventeen theme
Admin Columns Pro
Advanced Custom Fields PRO
Custom Post Type UI

Screenshot of data: https://i.gyazo.com/e58e163e4abe5a699ed914e7caa00beb.png

6 years, 7 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

I think you’re right that this issue is related to the lots of options you have in the dropdown.
In fact we already limit the amount the option to 5000 because we are aware of performance issues on some computers.
You can consider not to use filtering for columns that can have that many options for filtering. Searching for specific values in this case more logic than filtering. It is a feature that is on our roadmap.

Filtering is great when you have multiple posts with the same value. I’m not sure in your example (screenshot) if that is the case.

I’m not sure if there is something we can do to make it less laggy, but I like to have a look at your environment to see it on an actual website. Please send any information to support@admincolumns.com

6 years, 7 months ago
Vincent

Searching for specific values in this case more logic than filtering. It is a feature that is on our roadmap.

That would be great to have a “search” feature per column. For now, I’ve updated the WordPress search query, so the general search will look into some of those fields.

6 years, 7 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Great!
We also made a fix for the original issue. It will be available in the upcoming maintenance release of Admin Columns Pro.

6 years, 7 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.