Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

​Our plugin should already recognize staging and development website, but even then you don’t really need to activate it on every environment. ​You can activate and deactivate a license as many times as you like, only the activated site will count towards the site limit. The plugin on the site with the deactivated license will keep working but doesn’t receive automatic updates. Only the site with an activated license will receive automatic updates. So you leave the license deactivated on staging if you don’t intend to update the plugin there.

4 years, 3 months ago
dev21

Hello Stefan,

how AC Pro ‘should recognize staging and development website’?
I can’t see any message concerning this, only:

License activated. You have no activations remaining.

I need to update AC Pro & addons on staging / dev websites too, but I can’t activate license since it says:

Activation failed because the limit of 5 is reached.

Continuing to activate / deactivate the licenses on the various sites in order to update the plugin on staging / dev / local ones does not seem to me the best solution, nor does it seem like the ideal solution to have to buy more licenses just to use them on staging / dev / local environments – while, if I had to to activate the plugin on more than 5 live sites, it would make sense to upgrade, but I’m focusing on staging / dev license activation now, since with the other plugins mentioned this problem does not arise.

If you can detect staging / dev / local activation and don’t count it against license number it would be really appreciated.

Thanks

4 years, 3 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

We need to investigate this further and see why it does not work.
I’ll put it on our roadmap, but I can’t offer a solution right away.

4 years, 3 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.