Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Christopher

Upgrading from WP 3.9 to 4.3 borks Admin Columns (pesky URL variable)

We’re still stuck with WordPress 3.9 because whenever I attempt to upgrade to 4.x, Admin Columns stops working properly.

Currently, Admin Columns Pro (version 3.5.2) works fine even with a custom post type in WP 3.9.x.

But when I upgrade to WP 4.x, Admin Columns Pro fails to filter pages properly.

Even when I disable all other plugins, trying to use Admin Columns to filter pages gives me a “No pages found.” result despite there being valid options. Changing the filter to a different option at this point then takes me to the Posts listing (/wp-admin/edit.php?s&post_status=all&post_type=post)

In this case, I disabled every other plugin, added a columns on Pages for Page Template, and verified that by default, the list of Pages shows the new column and the correct values. But when I attempt to filter by Page Template, I get the “No results found.”

Is there a known conflict here with WordPress 4.x? Or is there something else I can try?

UPDATE: I’m leaving my original text in here so you can see what my issue was and what I found with it. I discovered that using Admin Columns Pro to filter posts, pages, or a custom post type seems to insert “s&” as the first variable in the url, like this:
/edit.php?s&post_status=all&post_type=cover

Simply removing the “s&” seems to then return a proper filtered search.

Is there something quirky with my installation or is this a desired behavior?

Thanks for any help.

8 years, 7 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your clear bug report. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to reproduce the pagination error you mentioned. It seems that another piece code might overwrite the WP_Query when ‘s’ is used. Could you try switching to a default theme, like Twenty Fifteen? This will tell us if it’s a theme conflict.

Cheers, Tobias

8 years, 7 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.