Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Joseph Reganato

Update Failed: The plugin is at the latest version.

Getting the following message when attempting to update Admin Columns Pro from 5.6.3 to 5.7 and the Advanced Custom Fields addon plugin from version 2.7 to 2.8: “Update failed: The plugin is at the latest version.” Browser refresh goes back to showing the updates are available.

Text from screen pasted below:

Admin Columns Pro
Settings | Deactivate
Customize columns on the administration screens for post(types), users and other content. Filter and sort content, and edit posts directly from the posts overview. All via an intuitive, easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface.

Version 5.6.3 | By AdminColumns.com | View details
Enable auto-updates
There is a new version of Admin Columns Pro available. View version 5.7 details or update now.

Select Admin Columns Pro – Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)
Admin Columns Pro – Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)
Deactivate
Supercharges Admin Columns Pro with columns for Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)

Version 2.7 | By AdminColumns.com | View details
Enable auto-updates
There is a new version of Admin Columns Pro – Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) available. View version 2.8 details or update now.

2 years ago
Robert Guezen

Deactivate, remove plugin(s) and complete reinstall worked for me. Back online…

2 years ago
Alfred

I have the same issue when trying to update the last 2 pro versions in 5 websites 2 different servers.
it becomes a hassle to manually update our productions sites. I attempted to clear redis cache, server cache, firewall cache and still doing the same thing: “Update failed: The plugin is at the latest version.”

What can be the solution to solve this issue. I have websites with 3 of your plugins and others with 4 of your plugins.

1 year, 12 months ago
Mark Richards

I have this issue too. Can you advise this is going to be fixed and when or what is the safe way to update if not fixed? Thank you.

1 year, 11 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

We have no clue why this can happen, but we like to know what’s going wrong.
Can anyone with this issue go to the Update page in WordPress (under dashboard in the menu), update our plugin, and share the URL that can be found under the details link with me at support@admincolumns.com. Please don’t post the link here since it should contain your license key and a version number, which is the information I’m looking for.

1 year, 11 months ago
Eugene

Shows as completed, but does not.

Updating Plugin Admin Columns Pro – Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) (1/1)

Admin Columns Pro – Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) updated successfully. Show details.
The plugin is at the latest version.
All updates have been completed.

AFTER:
Admin Columns Pro – Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)
You have version 3.0.1 installed. Update to 3.0.2. View version 3.0.2 details.
Compatibility with WordPress 5.9.3: Unknown

From my PHP error log:
[06-May-2022 19:24:08 UTC] PHP Warning: array_map(): Expected parameter 2 to be an array, null given in /####/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ac-addon-acf/classes/Service/AddColumns.php on line 43
[06-May-2022 19:24:08 UTC] PHP Warning: Only arrays and Traversables can be unpacked in /####/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ac-addon-acf/classes/Service/AddColumns.php on line 44
[06-May-2022 19:24:08 UTC] PHP Warning: array_merge() expects at least 1 parameter, 0 given in /####/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ac-addon-acf/classes/Service/AddColumns.php on line 44
[06-May-2022 19:24:08 UTC] PHP Warning: array_map(): Expected parameter 2 to be an array, null given in /####/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ac-addon-acf/classes/Service/AddColumns.php on line 46
[06-May-2022 19:24:08 UTC] PHP Warning: array_filter() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /####/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ac-addon-acf/classes/Service/AddColumns.php on line 46

1 year, 10 months ago
Developer

Thanks for the input.
We do understand the issue a bit more at this moment and we’re still working on a sustainable solution.

1 year, 10 months ago
Eugene

One stop gap would be to on the “AC – Add-Ons” page for the ACF add-on, to add the same controls as are present on the WP plugins page for each plugin. That is, Install, Activate, Deactivate, and Delete, with context of course. This way, we can manually remove and reinstall the plugin in one place.

1 year, 10 months ago
Jean-Paul

Same issue. Just had to download 5.7.1 (and previous updates) here via My Account to manually update. Hope for a prompt solution.

1 year, 10 months ago
Andrew

Same issue, but hand updating fixes it, fun with WP/WC, stable if nothing changes, but boy can it go bad fast if you are not careful. Yet Admin Columns Pro is not an optional plugin IMHO, it’s must have and I’m so happy you created it and kept it up to date over the years. Amazing work :)

1 year, 10 months ago
Developer

We do have a better understanding of this issue and how we can prevent this from happening. We’re confident that once you have installed 5.7.1, this issue should not happen anymore.

1 year, 10 months ago
Philippe

Same here, I don’t think I had a single instance where the AC ACF Add-On updated without any errors. Usually reloading the Plugins page and re-updating worked.

Luckily, no site ever really broke, but updating AC or its add-ons is a bit of a nerve-wrecking experience. There’s no other plugin I use that even comes close to the numbers of errors while updating, unfortunately.
Seeing the dreaded red «Update failed. There was a critical error on your website (…)» box on a live client site is never fun, nor is the «your website has a technical problem» mail.

BTW, this apparently is one of the so-called critical errors (the website continues to run despite the warning):
Aktuelles Plugin: Admin Columns Pro (Version 5.7.2)
PHP-Version 7.4.30

Fehler-Details
==============
Ein Fehler vom Typ E_ERROR wurde in der Zeile 15 der Datei /home/clients/number/client/web/app/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/API/Request/ProductsUpdate.php verursacht. Fehlermeldung: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 2 passed to ACPAPIRequestProductsUpdate::__construct() must be an instance of ACPTypeActivationToken or null, instance of ACPPlugins given, called in /home/clients/number/client/web/app/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/Updates/Updater.php on line 52 and defined in /home/clients/number/client/web/app/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/API/Request/ProductsUpdate.php:15
Stack trace:
#0 /home/clients/number/client/web/app/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/Updates/Updater.php(52): ACPAPIRequestProductsUpdate->__construct(Object(ACPTypeSiteUrl), Object(ACPPlugins), Object(ACPTypeLicenseKey))
#1 /home/clients/number/client/web/wp/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(309): ACPUpdatesUpdater->check_update(Object(stdClass))
#2 /home/clients/number/client/web/wp/wp-includes/plugin.php(189):

1 year, 9 months ago
Carlo Cannavò

Hi,
i have the same problem to update the following version of plugin installed:

Admin Columns Pro 5.6.4
Admin Columns Pro – Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) 2.7
Admin Columns Pro – WooCommerce 3.6

message you have already the latest version.
How can i solve ?
Thanks

1 year, 7 months ago
Developer

You can download the latest version from your account page on our website.
In WordPress on the plugins page, you can upload the new version and WordPress will ask you to overwrite (update) the current version. Once you have manually updated to the latest version, updating should work for newer versions.

1 year, 7 months ago
Jason Robie

Trying to go from 5.7 to 5.7.3 and get the same error as this support ticket notes.

Any solution coming?

1 year, 7 months ago
Developer

@Jason as mentioned above, you can download the latest version from your account and install it manually.
From version 5.7.3 this issue should not happen, but we’re not able to fix it for the version you have currently installed.

1 year, 7 months ago
Jason Robie

oops. sorry.. missed the one about 5.7.3 being the “fix”. thanks!

1 year, 7 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.