Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
fabian

Update another field after inline edit

We have the following problem: We use inline editing to let the user update the value of one field, and change the value of a second field via PHP hook. However, the change in the second field is not reflected instantly, which bothers our customer…
Do you see any way we could hook into the javascript to update the value of the second field, or trigger a reload of the table after the change is completed?

3 years, 10 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

Hi Fabian, another great suggestion :)

We have an open ticket for exactly this issue. For example, when the status of a post is updated using inline edit, this change is not directly reflected in the title column which also contains its status. This is something we want to address for a while now. We are currently looking for a way to update the entire row after using inline edit. There are some technical challenges that we need to overcome, especially JS events that are bound to the different table cells.

Unfortunately, there is no JS or PHP hook you can use to solve this temporarily.

3 years, 10 months ago
fabian

Hi Tobias, thank you so much!

What if our client really, really, really wants this.
What if he wants it so much he would be willing to pay extra for it. Is there a number you would be able to speed that feature up?

I don’t know if he will go for it. But I always say: everything is possible, it’s just a matter of price. So now he takes me up on it and asks about the costs :)

Thanks,

Fabian

3 years, 10 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

I am sorry, but we don’t accept payments to speed up the process. All I can say is we have it on the roadmap and we are looking into it.

3 years, 10 months ago
fabian

No worries. I totally understand. Thanks anyway!

3 years, 10 months ago
ryan18

What is the status of this functionality? I have a similar situation where I have a Pods relationship field and multiple taxonomy fields displayed in a table. When the Pods relationship field is changed, it triggers an update of the taxonomy fields. I’m using the acp/editing/saved action hook to accomplish this. Everything is working perfectly other than having to manually refresh the page to see the updates. Any way to make this happen with ajax so that the updated taxonomy values are displayed without needing a refresh of the page?

2 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Unfortunately, there is no update on this.
We still have to decide if we’re going to update the complete row or just related rows that can be configured somehow.

2 years, 2 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.