Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Jacqueline Broner

True/False columns not working properly

I have 4 custom field columns with True/False capability in the Users screen. If I update one or two of those columns to True, next time I load the page, all 4 are True. It’s not maintaining the individual inline editing. This is really important for us as we are keeping track of which users received different items. How can we fix this?

3 years, 9 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi there,

Can you make sure that the columns are not using the same key?
If you have 4 custom field columns and they all use the same key, then it makes send that if you alter one of the 4, it will reflect on the other as well. It’s the only thing I can think of why it will also update the other columns because our inline edit feature will only update the key associated with the column for the edited record.

3 years, 9 months ago
Jacqueline Broner

That would make sense – but how do I know what the key is? I don’t see a field for that in the settings.

3 years, 9 months ago
Developer

If you open the settings for your custom field column, you can check the ‘Field’ option.
You’ll see a drop-down of all available custom field keys. It is also possible to provide a custom key that does not (yet) exists. Let me know if that helps.

3 years, 9 months ago
Jacqueline Broner

Yes, of course. I’ve been checking that out – but none of the custom field keys seem to make sense for my purpose. I installed the ACF plugin and added new fields but they aren’t showing up there. So here’s the scenario – each user would have a true/false to check off if they received a T-shirt, patch, etc. How can I provide a custom key for each of the swag items?

Thank you for your prompt responses!

3 years, 9 months ago
Developer

Are you using ACF to manage other custom fields as well?
Normally you create a column for custom fields that are already available on your website.
You’ll need at least one record that has the ACF field populated in order for our plugin to recognize the available custom fields and show them in the drop-down. If you’re no using other ACF fields, you don’t necessarily need to have that plugin installed.

In that case, you can just use our plugin to define the keys in the custom field yourself.
So for example, create the custom field and use the following keys:

received_tshirt
received_patch

I hope that makes sense.

3 years, 9 months ago
Jacqueline Broner

Ah – I had no idea you can type in that field and create one! I do believe you solved my problem – thank you so much.

3 years, 9 months ago
Developer

Great, let me know if you have any further questions.
I will mark this topic as solved.

3 years, 9 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.