Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Daniel

Translate the text "Product Variations" in the Products menu

Hey,

I’m using the WooCommerce add-on v3.3.6 and found that the text “Product Variations” and some other texts are not getting translated in the Products menu.

I believe that some minor changes in the file ac-addon-woocommerce/classes/PostType/ProductVariation.php would be sufficient, even though I haven’t attempted to translate all texts yet.

For example, if line 47 is changed from:

'all_items' => __( 'Product Variations', 'woocommerce' ),

to:

'all_items' => __( 'Product variations', 'woocommerce' ),

the text in the Products menu will be translated because “Product variations” is already included in woocommerce.pot while “Product Variations” is not.

Other labels such as the one on line 45 could be changed in the same fashion.

Also, on line 56 “Search products” would be better since it’s already included in the woocommerce.pot file.

And so on… :)

Thanks!

4 years, 7 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Thanks for your feedback.
I’m not sure why we’ve added the translation this way, because the translations do indeed not appear in the WooCommerce plugin. I believe that the best way to add the labels for Product variations is to use our own text-domain instead of trying to lean on the translations available in WooCommerce.

I’ll create a ticket for this, and expect the translations to be available in our own POT file in the next release.

4 years, 7 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.