Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Daniel

Toggle Bulk edit via Screen options

Hey,

Normally Admins Columns’ Bulk edit kicks in as soon as two posts have been marked. This can be annoying when you need to use other bulk edit options provided by other plugins, e.g. bulk print invoices for WooCommerce orders.

I know that AC’s bulk edit can be disabled via the filter acp/editing/bulk/active, but I’d like to have it as a checkbox option under Screen options.

Any ideas or pointers? :)

Thanks!

4 years, 7 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

I think that a screen option for toggling Bulk Edit per list screen is at least something that we have to consider.
Please notice though that this is a per-user setting and is not determined for all users.
I’ll send you a link to the issue so you can follow it on Github.
https://github.com/codepress/admin-columns-issues/issues/1274

In the meantime, you could create your own solution, but that might be a waste of your time if we decide to create this anyway. If you decide to do this anyway, you probably have to write your own logic and make use of the available WordPress hooks to add things to the screen options menu.

screen_settings

4 years, 7 months ago
Daniel

A per-user setting would be a perfect fit for this, since the function only adds value for users that are getting annoyed when the AC bulk edit element pops up.

I think that a checkbox would be a great addition to the existing AC section within Screen options, rather than adding it with its own logic outside of AC.

Thanks for adding a GitHub issue :)

4 years, 7 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.