Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Gérard

Support for 'Simple Page Ordering'-Plugin

Hi there

It seems that Admin Columns Pro prevents the ‘Simple Page Ordering’-plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-page-ordering/) from working.

Since one of the last ACP updates I’m not able to order my custom post types with drag & drop. If I disable the ACP plugin, it works fine.

Is there any solution do this?

Thanks and best regards
Kevin

6 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi,

To be honest it sounds like a plugin that will never work together with our product. In order to make the ‘Simple Page Ordering’ plugin work, they need a default sorting on the page. Our plugins completely ignores this as you can make most columns sortable and filterable.

So this means that it makes no sense to use the SPO plugin when you have a custom overview created with our plugin or sorting on a column that is other than the page order. But if you want to use our plugin together with SPO, you could try the following two solutions.

1) Create a new column set and click on the ‘restore columns’ button and DON’T save this column set. This forces the default overview with default columns to be loaded. There’s a change that the order plugin will work on this specific column set. You can create more column sets for specific purposes.

2) You could disable our plugin for the pages post type. You can remove the ‘page’ post type by using this filter
https://www.admincolumns.com/documentation/filter-reference/ac-post_types/

Can you one of the two or both solutions and let me know if this works?
Please let me know if you need any help with the filter.

6 years, 2 months ago
Gérard

Hi Stefan

Thanks for your reply.

I successfully used the filter to disable ACP for the specific post type.

Thanks!

6 years, 2 months ago
Andreu Llos

Hi both,

I have a similar problem. We’ve been using this other order plugin https://es.wordpress.org/plugins/intuitive-custom-post-order/ together with Admin Columns and its PRO version for months or years and we’ve not had any problem until latest Admin Columns update.
Since now, both plugins don’t work fine together. We can’t drag & drop posts correctly from the list anymore.

Can we keep this plugins working together? We love Admin Columns, but we also would like to order our posts with drag & drop.

Thanks!

6 years, 2 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

In the latest release, we added an option to set your own default sorting per table. This seems to interfere with the page ordering plugins. We’ll have another look at that.

In the meanwhile, you can add this to your functions.php: add_filter( 'acp/sorting/default', '__return_false' );

That should solve it for now.

6 years, 2 months ago
Jan

Well, that solves it for me, thank you.

6 years, 2 months ago
Saulo

Wow, that’s why I love WordPress. I had the same problem with Advanced Post Typer Order plugin from NSP CODE and I can confirm the filter fixed the issue from now.

Thanks!

6 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

This issue should be fixed in our latest release

6 years, 2 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.