Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
chris46

Support for ACF Sub Fields

ACF now comes with new layout fields, one of which is the Group field. One a Group has been created, further fields are added as sub fields.

It seems that when a field is created as a sub field of a Group, it is not available to select as a column. Is there a work around for this or planned support?

5 years, 8 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Unfortunately the group field is not yet supported.
We need quite a refactor in our ACF integration to support both the Group and Clone field since they both kinda work the same. This feature is on our roadmap, but I cannot give you a timeframe for the support of these fields.

5 years, 8 months ago
chris46

OK thanks Stefan.

I don’t think this is a deal breaker at this stage although it will be nice when it’s available. Is the best solution for now to just avoid using them? I notice the fields are still available to select as Custom Fields rather than Advanced Custom Fields but I can’t see any data within them.

5 years, 8 months ago
Developer

Hmm strange, you should be able to use the custom field column to display the group fields and even edit, sort and filter on them. But instead of selecting the actual group field, you’ll have to select the actual group sub field.

For example, let’s say we have a Group field names ‘acf_group’ with an text and an image, named accordingly.
In that case the following custom fields should be available in the custom field.

acf_group
acf_group_text
acf_group_image

The subfields should display the the actual value unless the value is serialized. Does this not work for you?

5 years, 8 months ago
chris46

Sorry, my mistake, this is working and I can even edit inline. I had selected the wrong version of the custom field.

Is it safe to use this going forward then — will it be backwards compatible once you add support for Groups & Sub Fields?

5 years, 8 months ago
Developer

Sure, this will work, even when we introduce the ACF groups and subfields.
The custom field column is a one-fits-all solution and it can also be used aside from the specific integrations.

5 years, 8 months ago
chris46

OK great, thanks for your help, Stefan.

5 years, 8 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.