Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Moises

Suggestion: bulk featured image change

hello, sorry if this is not the correct channel for suggestions. But I am a subscriber of Admin Columns Pro and I wait for this functionality has been some time.
I have a custom post type called “Store” on my site, with more than 4,000 posts from partner stores, and each store post has that store’s logo as featured image. But eventually the stores change their logos and it is toilsome to change 1 by 1.

I know about 2 plugins with the ability to batch modify the featured image from multiple posts. Are they: “Quick Featured Images” (need premium license to meet custom posts) and “Advanced Bulk Actions” (the best, 100% free from https://wordpress.org/plugins/bulk-actions/, lighter and more efficient)
however, unfortunately using “Advanced Bulk Actions” with the “Admin Columns” is not possible, there is a conflict.

so since “Admin Columns” has the ability to show the Featured Image in the columns and even allow you to change (but unfortunately one by one) I believe it would be very advantageous to add this bulk change feature.

is it possible to launch this feature in the next update, please? Or at least let Advanced Bulk Actions work in parallel?

5 years, 7 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. We want to work on editing as a big upcoming feature and we also want to have a look on how to integrate bulk editing with that. But I cannot give you a planning for that. We won’t probably release this feature for just one column though.

Although I’m not familiar with Advanced Bulk Actions, I think it could still work with our plugin. With our plugin, it is possible to create a columns set that just behaves as the default WordPress overview. If that plugin needs the default overview, this should work. This is how you do that:

1) Create a new Column set in the columns settings page
2) No click on the ‘restore columns’ button right on the page to reset the overview to the default WordPress overview page
3) You don’t have to save the overview page with the current columns. In that case, if another plugin adds a column to the overview page, it is automatically added to the overview.

So if you have this column set in place, you could easily switch to that column set if you want to use the Advanced Bulk Actions plugin. Can you let me know if that works?

5 years, 7 months ago
Moises

worked here, thanks for the tip!

5 years, 7 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

You’re welcome!
I will close this topic

5 years, 7 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.