Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
liz2

Suggested Enhancement

Hi AdminColumns,

I love this plug-in so useful!

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a column for the template used by a page or post?

Thank you………………… liz

6 years, 1 month ago
liz2

Ok, I should have been specific. I can display the page template for a page but not for a post… I assume it uses one and would like to display the value

Thx…………………liz

6 years, 1 month ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your feedback.
I believe we already have a solution for your request.
When there is a template available for a post type (page, post or any other post type), there is already a column available with the name ‘Page Template’. This column displays the template used for a specific post. The column can be found in the Type drop-down under the custom section.

6 years, 1 month ago
liz2

Hi Stefan,

I found this for the Pages, but couldn’t see it for Posts.

I now realise that for pages there is _wp_page_template in the hidden field plus slide_template in the public fields. they are obviously differnt since the first is always populated whilst the second is not and I can’t, as yet, see any reason for that.

Then with posts there is only slide_template in the Public section, which is not always populated.

I can’t see anything called exactly ‘Page Template’. So I am left wondering this:

1. what is the difference between _wp_page_template and slide_template
  2. why is slide-template only sometimes populated – it must be something to do with my actions when creating but what?
  3. what exactly does ‘default’ mean – how do I find out what it refers to?
  4. Sorry, these are not really your concern but you may be my quickest way of finding out.

Thank you for your help…………………… liz

6 years, 1 month ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.