Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Rob Keenan

Sorting WooCommerce Products on menu_order?

Hi There

Is there any way to enable AdminColumns Support to display and edit Menu Order ? Perhaps a code snippet that would provide this option?

Regards

6 years, 4 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Rob,

Since the 3.* version of WooCommerce, they removed the menu order support for products.
Our Menu Order column works only when the menu order page attribute is enabled the ‘WordPress’ way. So in order to use the menu order column for the WooCommerce products overview page, you’ll have to add this snippet to your theme functions.php

add_action( 'init', function(){
add_post_type_support( 'product', 'page-attributes' );
});

6 years, 4 months ago
Rob Keenan

.. perfect!
Thanks Stefan, (duly noted and much appreciated)

6 years, 4 months ago
Webaissance

I can not sort Woocommerce products using the Sorting tab while Admin Columns Pro is activated.
When I deactivate Admin Columns main plugin then I can sort Woocommerce plugins from the Sorting column – by dragging and dropping up and down.

I also have the Admin Columns Woocommerce plugin and the Admin Columns Pods plugins active – if that helps diagnose.

I tried adding the snippet above but it didn’t fix the issue.

So now if I want to manually sort Woocommerce products I have to deactivate Admin Columns Pro, do the sorting, then reactivate Admin Columns Pro.

Is this a known bug? If not can it be added to the bug list?

Thanks.
-Dave

5 years ago
Webaissance

Note – I just found that I can use the Menu Order column to manually set the sort order number via Admin Columns Pro – so that is almost as good as dragging and dropping – but not quite…

5 years ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Dave,

Thanks for letting us know. I was able to reproduce the issue and it seems to be related to the Bulk Edit.
We will have a look at this on how to fix this in our plugin but as a workaround, for now, you can do the following,

– Create a new column set that you only use for the sorting tab on WC Products with just the basic columns that you need
– Make sure that you don’t enable editing for any of the columns
– When you want to sort the product, click on the WooCommerce sorting tab and select the column set you just created.
– When you now use the WC sorting, it should work as expected.
– You can switch to another overview column set when you go back to the default view of the overview.

5 years ago
MASATO

i have same issue.

5 years ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.