Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Jim

Sorting posts in Users panel

I have hundreds of authors, some from several RSS feeds. The posts are saved to a custom post. The authors are saved as users. Within the User admin panel, I have a column for the Posts (blog) count, and another for the custom posts count.

What I want is simply a way to sort the count of custom posts column. I’ve made both of those columns sortable.

When I click on the column header to sort the count, it hides all user. The only way to get a listing of users again is to click on the Reset Sorting button.

I’ve tried using the normal Posts column, which displays the posts count (of blog articles). I’ve tried using the Posts Count type and selecting the Post Type to be my custom posts. Both of these methods also fail.

The docs say what I’m trying to do is supported, but I haven’t found how to accomplish it.

6 years, 11 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Jim,

Sorting on post count should indeed be possible with Admin Columns Pro. I’ve tried to reproduce this issue on my local environment but sorting seems to work. A possible explanation for this problem might be that there is another plugin or some custom code that is also changing the query on the overview page by using some of the WordPress filters. I could do some more debugging on your environment if you could give me (temporary) access to your website. We could continue working on this issue by email. Could you send me an email on support@admincolumns.com?

6 years, 11 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.