Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Alan

Sorting Not Functional

Hi, I’ve seen other issues reported and resolved around sorting since the upgrade to 4.4.2 of WordPress with using Advanced Custom Fields. I’m all up to date on the plugin versions and I’m still not able to sort properly.

My plugin versions are
– Admin Columns – Advanced Custom Fields add-on (1.3.3)
– Admin Columns Pro (3.7.4)

Please let me know if there is any information I can pass along to help out.

Thanks,

Alan

8 years, 2 months ago
Alan

I should mention that the sorting is broken on other list table pages, such as “Pages” & “Posts”. As soon as I disable the plugins, sorting comes back to normal on the other pages.

The other thing I’ve noticed is that even though my sort parameters go in correctly, it always seems to sort by “post_date” but the sort order is used properly.

8 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Alan,

Can you tell me what is going wrong?
Did you get a 500 error or are there no results shown?
Can you restore the columns for your overview and then add a new column with sorting enabled?
There are still some performance issues with sorting on very large datasets.

8 years, 2 months ago
Alan

Hi Stefan,

There is no error in the UI at all, no 500 errors or anything.

The results are all shown but are not sorted by the column I’m expecting. They are instead sorted by “post_date” no matter what I do.

I’ll test out the restore of the defaults and then adding a new column this evening.

Thanks,

Alan

8 years, 2 months ago
Alan

Stefan, sorry it’s taken me a few days to get a response back to you. I just reset the settings back to defaults and the sorting is still broken.

I’m testing this by going to the “Pages” wordpress admin page and attempting to sort by “Title”. When your plugin is deactivated I can sort fine. When your plugin is activated with default settings, the sorting is broken. I don’t understand why this would happen as I’ve never even made any customizations to that page. I have two custom post types that the sorting relies entirely on your plugin and the sorting is non-functional there as well. The only sort that ever happens is that it always sorts by “post_date” but it does however honor the sort order.

8 years, 1 month ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Alan,

Is it possible that there is another plugin or maybe filter in your code that hooks to the wp_query?
Otherwise, is is possible to create a temporary account for me so I can have a look at your environment. Please sen credentials to our support email.

8 years, 1 month ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.