Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Denny Cave

Sorting is not working on User full name with edit profile link

Hi,

I just updated the plugin version to 6.0.2 but I found an issue when sorting the table column by User full name with edit profile link – it is not displaying any users.

See these screenshots for your reference:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GcLGXO_8Ns12-VAuThfVP3J8G20X4tTJ/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hCJ0ysnRjPK82fhpEh_nS6IpLIF18Y4i/view

Looking forward for your quick response.
Thank you.

1 year, 4 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

I’m not able to reproduce the issue with the same custom field column setup as in your screenshot.
Can you install the ‘Query Monitor’ plugin and have a look at the main query?
Does this give a DB error or do you maybe see that other filters are also applied to the main query?
If you’re not sure, feel free to send me the main query to support@admincolumns.com

1 year, 4 months ago
Denny Cave

You can use any user data (don’t need to be custom field), as long as it is linked to edit profile.

1 year, 4 months ago
Developer

Thanks, I was able to reproduce the issue now.
We need to make some changes to the SQL.
I’ve reported it as a bug, so that we can have a look and come up with a fix.

1 year, 4 months ago
Denny Cave

Ok great! Please keep me updated. Thank you.

1 year, 4 months ago
Developer

I found the bug and it is patched for the next update.
You could easily patch this yourself by changing the following file:

admin-columns-pro/classes/Sorting/Model/User/RelatedMeta/UserMeta.php#49

There needs to be a space between the ‘GROUP BY’ and the ‘$wpdb’ variable.

1 year, 4 months ago
Denny Cave

That’s good to hear. May I know when is the release of the new update?

1 year, 4 months ago
Developer

This is a minor bug and there are no open bugs currently in our dev branch.
So if there are no more major bugs reported, we will probably postpone the next maintenance release until the start of next year.

1 year, 4 months ago
Denny Cave

Can’t you just release a new plugin version for this? Because this must be happening to others also, who have your plugin installed and activated in their website, and releasing a new version will fix this bug for everyone. And I know you’re aware that it is not a best practice to edit the codes from the plugin itself.

1 year, 4 months ago
Developer

Of course, I’m aware that changing the code in a plugin is not best practice. But since you’re exactly changing the code as in our fixed version, I don’t see a problem in patching it yourself for the time being, because it will be overwritten with the fix in the next update.

Building, testing, and releasing a new version takes time, so we try to bundle some issues and changes before releasing. Or if there are major breaking issues, we patch them right away. The change in this case (just a space) is so small that asking to change it yourself seems to us the best/most efficient way of handling this issue at the moment.

If there are more minor or breaking issues, we will do our best to release a maintenance version this week/year.

1 year, 4 months ago
Developer

Did you already update our plugin to the latest version?
If so, are you maybe using Pods or have any custom hook related to ac/column/value on your website?
I’m trying to figure out how this issue could be caused.

1 year, 3 months ago
Denny Cave

Yes, I already tried updating it to the latest version and I got this error: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u86vjbFNS8k4LfIwMiRW3AOQBiThQOY_/view

I’m not sure what you mean on “Pods” but I don’t think we’re using something like that. We’re using the “ac/column/value” hook function but only for custom post type, not on Users.

1 year, 3 months ago
Developer

Just to be sure, can you send me the hook you used to support@admincolumns.com or try to disable that hook and see if changed anything on the user page? The hook fires on every page, and you’ll need to return a string no matter what you do in the hook.

1 year, 3 months ago
Denny Cave

Inside the “ac/column/value” hook function, there’s part of my code there that returns an integer so as you suggested, I converted it into string, and it works. I’ll let you know if I still encountered some issues. Thank you.

1 year, 3 months ago
Developer

Thanks for letting me know.
I’ll close this topic for now.

1 year, 3 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.