Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
norikazu

sorting / filtering NOT working with the Label name like 2bytes character codes

Dear Developers,

I think the ability of sort or filter depends on character code of custom field label name.

for example;
Working with the label name in English.
[ sort ]
https://s23.postimg.org/bzemc8dm3/sort_working_Using_English_label_name.png
[ filter ]
https://s28.postimg.org/6dj2gxwgd/filter_working_Using_English_label_name.png

NOT working with the label name in Japanese like 2bytes character code
[ sort ]
https://s27.postimg.org/usffsyeer/sort_NOT_working_Using_Japanese_label_name.png
[ filter ]
https://s23.postimg.org/hl0o7vz6j/filter_NOT_working_Using_Japanese_label_name.png

4 years, 8 months ago
Stefan
Developer

You’re welcome. Great the workaround works for you right now.
I will close this ticket since the issue is tracked by Github and our roadmap.

4 years, 8 months ago
Hidehiro

Dear Developers,
My name is Koichi.
I have tried to use unicode characters instead of the 2byte character code.
But it seems that it is not work when there are plural custom field labels of 2byte character code.
(it seemd that it is work only one custom field label of 2byte character code.)
Please check again and let me know how to solve this probrem.

4 years, 8 months ago
Stefan
Developer

Hi Koichi,

Can you send me an Admin Column Pro export of your columns to support@admincolumns.com?
I can have a look and I will try to reproduce the issue to see if we can come up with a fix.

Stefan

4 years, 8 months ago
Hidehiro

Hi Stefan,

I have found out why it does not work this workaround.
The following sequence causes it returns from Unicode to 2Byte character code.

Step1.Convet the characters to Unicode on Admin Columns Setting Window.
Step2.Click Update Post.
Step3.Click All Post on Dashboard to view all post.
Step4.Return to Admin Columns Setting Window.
Step5.Click Update Post.

Please check on your system and let me know how to solve this probem.

Koichi

4 years, 8 months ago
Stefan
Developer

Hi Koichi,

Thanks for the description, I was able to reproduce the issue.
After an update the 2Byte characters are back.
We had a look at this problem before and it turned out that is will be quite a challenge to let it work with the default WordPress functionality. I will discuss this issue again in the team to see if we can come up with a solution for the upcoming 4.0 release.

I found another workaround that may help you. You could change all the labels to the desired unicode characters, update the column set and make an PHP export of your columns. You can past the PHP code in your own theme/plugin so you have column set created by PHP which is always correct. You can’t change the settings again, but at least sorting works for your columns. If you’re code savvy you can even change the array since it is not so difficult to understand.

4 years, 8 months ago
Hidehiro

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your response.
I an glad that you were able to reproduce the issue.
I am looking forward to the result of discussion what if you can come up with a solution for the upcoming 4.0 release or not.

So I can understand that the another workaround which you found.
But It is hard situation for me.
Because I can’t change the setting again.

Koichi

4 years, 8 months ago
Stefan
Developer

You’re welcome and I understand that my workaround is not ideal.

4 years, 8 months ago
Stefan
Developer

By working on this issue, we found something strange. If you prefix the label with an alfabetical character, sorting works even after resaving the column. You can even put in some hidden HTML so a better workaround for the time being is to something like the following as a label

‘<span class=”hidden”>X</span>作成者’

There must be a alphabetical characters inside the span!
We will now look for a permanent fix in our code.

4 years, 8 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.