Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
admin.it

Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.

Hello,

When I go to Pluggins > Admin Columns > Settings, I get above message.

I am admin and super admin, but not administrator. Is it why? How to fix? The administrator role exists but it’s not a proposed option on user profile.

Best,
Adrien

6 years, 4 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

Hi Adrian,

Let’s try and fix that for you. It seems you are using a custom role called ‘admin’. What you could try and do is assign the manage_admin_columns capability to your new role.

This snippet will apply our Admin Columns capability for you. You only need to run it once by visiting the WordPress dashboard, it can then be removed.

add_action( 'admin_init', function() {
	if ( $role = get_role( 'admin' ) ) {
		$role->add_cap( 'manage_admin_columns' );
	}
} );
6 years, 4 months ago
admin.it

Thx for this, I will try now. At the same time, would you know how to get back the role you are expecting to find?

6 years, 4 months ago
David Mosterd
Developer

Hi Adrien,

Do you mean your own current role, or something else?

Best,
David

6 years, 4 months ago
admin.it

Hi,

I mean… it looks like admincolumns expects to find a default administrator role. In case, it’s not there, do you know how to re-create it?

By the way, we’ve ran the above function and it applied the priviledges to our custom roles. Working fine.

Adrien

6 years, 4 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

You can apply our manage_admin_columns capability to any role in case you need it.

I have no experience with the ‘administrator’ role being removed or renamed, maybe you can check the WordPress documentation about re-creating roles.

6 years, 4 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.