Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Robert

"Slug" different in column vs in Edit Post

Hi,
I have added post “Slug” as a column to a post list.
Sometimes, I am seeing that the “Slug” value for a post is different when viewed on the post list versus when I actually go in and Edit a post.

Example…

Here is the (Custom) Post list – Slug is next to title, Permalink is on the right…

But here is the Edit Post screen for the same post…

If I click the Permalink URL there, the real underlying URL does NOT contain those wonky character codes.
And the post does actually EXIST at the URL WITHOUT the character codes.
If I try to forcefully access the URL with the character codes in the slug, it does not exist?

Is there any reason why Admin Columns Pro would show a different value on the columns?

Here is the make-up of the column…

FYI, my content is getting generated programmatically – that is, via a script, not via the backend GUI. I am therefore saving slugs using code.
I don’t think the title of the source contains characters like this.

Even so, I don’t know what would cause Admin Columns Pro to display a different Slug from the real one.

Thanks.

6 years ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Robert,

I believe you’ve copied a control character during your script.
Since your plugin shows this in the permalink, means this is definitely there in your database and you probably want to change this in your script. You probably don’t want this code in your database. The fact that you don’t see it while editing the post is that it is not a visible character. Our slug column just shows the raw data from the database.

You can find more information about the character you see here: ‘%E2%80%8’
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-to-right_mark

6 years ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.