Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
liz2

Slide Set Manager columns – can I list images in the set?

I have used Admin Columns for some years but only just started to really exercise it properly. I have updated to Pro.

I have a problem with Slide Set manager, this is used the WP Bakery’s Visual Composer, now named Page Builder but I am still on an old version. I want to see the images used by the set, I have tried adding the ‘Images’ column but it shows nothing. Is there a way to do this?

I would also like to know all those images not used in any slide set. I can’t see how to do that. I did think I could maybe have a column in Media listing the Slides Sets and image was used in but I don’t seem to be able to.

Any ideas?

Thank you……………………. liz

6 years, 3 months ago
liz2

p.s. I think the Slide Set Manager and related entities are delivered as part of the theme I am using, they are then referenced in Visual Composer

6 years, 3 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi There,

We don’t offer support for products like Visual Composer. The reason for this is that products like this use their own table in the database or use a complex structure for their data in a custom field. Since you’re not sure if the Slide Set Manager is related to Visual Composer, you could try to add our ‘Custom Field’ column and look for a custom field that might be used for the slides. But I can’t help you with that since I’m not familiar with your theme or with the Slide Set Manager functionality.

6 years, 3 months ago
liz2

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for the reply, I understand. I have already tried Custom on the Slide Set Manager and it gives me nothing helpful. In fact it will only do part of what I want since the gallery is one thing but I also have images embedded in text, since VC, now Page Builder, has it’s own back-end tables these images would also be buried in that.

What I wanted was to find out which images I had used and therefore which I either had yet to use or should remove. I am now dreaming up a method to allow me to do this using tags, but it relies on me being very diligent. Ahh well!

Just an idea, is it worth considering adding functionality to admin columns which allows the awkward users like me to somehow define the proprietary tables and fields to add to a view. It would be tricky but….

Anyway, thank you fro admin columns it is excellent!

Liz

6 years, 3 months ago
liz2

What I have found is that adding Images column to the post does show me the total image size and number of images, on clicking the number of images I get the image type, size and dimensions. If I hover it tells me the file name, is there any way I can get the file name to display automatically in this or another column?

Thank you,

Liz

6 years, 3 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.