Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
jenny swienty

Since WordPress Update admin columns pro does not work anymore

Hi there,

Suddenly, since last wordpress update admin columns pro does not function anymore. What kind of information do you need to help me fix this?

Thank you.

Kathi

3 years, 8 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Kathi,

Thanks for your feedback.
Can you give us more information about what you mean by does not function anymore?
Does the whole plugin not work anymore?
There is one known issue in combination with WordPress 5.5 where export does not work, but that will be fixed in the next release which is planned for today. We are not aware of any other issues related to WordPress 5.5, so please give us any information you can. If you prefer, you can share the information in private by sending me the info at support@admincolumns.com

3 years, 8 months ago
jenny swienty

Hi Stefan,

great to hear so quickly from you. We had our column sets and fields set up and now its no longer visible and cannot be readded. We have not even tried export, so i cannot say anything about that. I tried to upload the json field from another website to get our views back, but that was not the trick either. I would like to send you screenshots, maybe that explains it better or should i give you access to our wordpress installation?

Thank you.

Kathi

3 years, 8 months ago
Developer

Some screenshots that explain the issue plus access to your environment would really help.
Please send any information to support@admincolumns.com

3 years, 8 months ago
John Man

The latest update seems not functioning and breaking down the admin

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Argument 4 passed to ACP\Search\SegmentRepository::create() must be of the type array, null given, called in /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/Plugin/Update/V5300.php on line 55
in /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/Search/SegmentRepository.php on line 140

Call stack:

ACP\S\SegmentRepository::create()
wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/Plugin/Update/V5300.php:55
ACP\P\U\V5300::apply_update()
wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/admin-columns/classes/Plugin/Updater.php:35
AC\P\Updater::parse_updates()
wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/admin-columns/classes/Plugin.php:108
AC\Plugin::run_updater()
wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/admin-columns/classes/Plugin.php:94
AC\Plugin::install()
wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:287
WP_Hook::apply_filters()
wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:311
WP_Hook::do_action()
wp-includes/plugin.php:478
do_action()
wp-settings.php:546
require_once()
wp-config.php:196
require_once()
wp-load.php:37
require_once()
wp-admin/admin.php:34
require_once()
wp-admin/index.php:10
3 years, 8 months ago
Developer

I’m sorry to hear that the update does not work for your environment.
We looked at our code and try to figure out how this issue can happen, but we believe that this can only happen if the data in your environment is somehow correct. Are you able to do some debugging and send us some information?

Could you run this SQL query and send me the result for that query? (support@admincolumns.com)

SELECT *
FROM wp_usermeta
WHERE meta_key like '%preferences_segments%'

We’ll work on a patch for the current release.

3 years, 8 months ago
jenny swienty

Aww John, that is way above my possibilities. Appreciate the input, i am under the impression that things are not working properly any more. We got a lot of 404 hits, but i cannot tell what causes this. I have sent the info to Stefan, should they find a solution, i will post it.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Kathi

3 years, 8 months ago
Developer

@Kathi
I’ve sent you an update per email. I believe the issue is caused by another plugin that has a JS error preventing our plugin to work correctly.

@John
Please contact me at support@admincolumns.com instead of this topic since your issue seems not te be related to this topic. Can you also try to remove the 5.3 version and download the new patched version from our website and install it again?

3 years, 8 months ago
jenny swienty

Hi Stefan,

Thank you so much for your help. Admin Columns Pro was not the culprit, but another plugin called under construction. Removing it, did the trick. During the current heat wave my circuits have been fried and I forgot the first rule of WordPress: Disable and see which plugin causes it….

Again, your help is much appreciated and sorry for have added unrelated work on your plate.

Kind regards,
Kathi

3 years, 8 months ago
Developer

No problem Kathi!
I’m glad the issue was not caused by our plugin!
I’ll mark this topic as solved.

3 years, 8 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.