Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Thomas

Role value, not name

Hi there,

Currently when you can only show the role name but not the actual role value in columns.

To clarify: When I use a plugin such as the “Members” plugin with which you can manage custom user roles, it differentiates between “Role name” and “Role”. The latter is what I’d like to see next to the Role name as this can vary .

Cheers,
Thomas

8 years, 6 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Thomas,

I’ve installed the Members plugin to see what you mean.
So if I understand you correctly, you have multiple Roles with the same Name but with different Role values?
For Example:

Role Name Role
Custom Name bbp_custom_1
Custom Name bbp_custom_2
etc

Of course it’s possible to make a solution to show the values besides the Name. But because this is a very specific fix for users with the Members Plugin and also uses the same Names for their Roles, I have to discuss this with the team to see if this is something we want to add to our plugin.

I’ve create a ticket for this in our Github issue project.
https://github.com/codepress/admin-columns-issues/issues/260

8 years, 6 months ago
Thomas

Hi there,

Thanks! I don’t think it’s specific to the members plugin though. I actually don’t have it enabled anymore, I just used it for creating the roles. I guess you always can have different role “names” and “values”. Here’re some examples how I use these:

Role name | role
Dealer Plan S | dealer_p1
Dealer Plan L | dealer_p2
Dealer Plan XL | dealer_p3

Cheers,
Thomas

8 years, 6 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Ok Thomas,

We’ll keep that in mind :)

8 years, 6 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

We have added a tooltip to the Role names which will display the role value. Thank you for suggesting this improvement.

8 years, 1 month ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.