Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Robert

Question about wp_options et al

Do you have a list available of how ACP stores things in the database?

My wp_options, for instance, has many ac_* entries, including…

• ac_api_request_*
  • ac_cache_data_*
  • ac_sorting_*
  • ac_version

How many of these can I get rid of?
What about other parts of the database?

There are also numerous options cpac_*
Not sure if they are yours, or Custom Post Type UI’s?

I’m curious – why not use a custom rather than put everything in wp_options?

Thanks!

1 year ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

We do have two specific database tables where we store the column settings and the saved filters

{$prefix}admin_columns
{$prefix}ac_segments

But we indeed use the options table for data that needs to be stored for global-related preferences/caches, etc.

ac_api_request_*
Some API calls are cached, in order to make sure that our API can’t be contacted every second if a website is not correctly configured. You can remove this one, but it will be repopulated again.

ac_cache_date
There is cache data stored for things like Filter drop downs.
You can safely remove these options, but also there will be re-populated over time.

ac_sorting_*
Key where the default column set order is stored.

ac_version
Necessary to determine if an update script must be fired. This one should not be deleted

cpac_
A deprecated key for option, but it is still used an necessary to determine which columns are default WordPress.
You should not delete these keys.

1 year ago
Robert

ac_api_request_*:
I have 22x of these.
What’s your API? So, the plugin is calling something? Is it for licence validation, or something else?
How many should there be after I delete the 22?
Advanced Database Cleaner ranks all the ones like ac_api_request_24292db19ee86cb553ab5d57112d77b4_timestamp (as opposed to the specifically named ac_api_request_productsupdate) as “orphans”.

cpac_*:
Advanced Database Cleaner ranks *some* of these as orphans. Not sure what logic it’s using for that.

ac_sorting_*
Again, ADC says *some* of these are orphans.

Is this possible that the ones rated “orphans” are indeed unused?

So, sounds like I can delete the ones you have mentioned, and some of them will be recreated.
Thanks for clarifying.

1 year ago
Andrew

Hello Guys,

I also see an issue with how this works, perhaps this can be done with it’s own table / json files and or auto cleaning somehow? Something needs done as by default I’m seeing hundreds of records. With 724 ac_ records that auto-load, so when I cleaned them out, the display did not work until I saved the table display again and then everything displayed correctly again.

So just wiping those files doesn’t solve anything and in fact makes it worse, I should have known better, just trying to clean up the auto-loads and or orphans.

But there must be another way to prevent this data storing of all these ac_ related files in the options table?

Outside of that, again this is still the best software I have used to date for the task at hand, nothing will more than likely ever get close. As everyone seems to over bloat solution’s anymore and even seem to just turn and burn and put no real thought into usability and/or quality control.

I can’t say enough of how well engineered this software is and can’t wait to see whats next.

Thanks again and all the best in your day…

1 year ago
Developer

I believe that we should build in a way to clear the cache and expired options/transients in our system.
To be honest, I would not trust plugins that state that specific keys are ‘orphaned’.
Our keys are generated dynamically so there is no way that a plugin knows if a key is used or not.

1 year ago
Andrew

Sounds great, let me know if I can help with any testing on this. Even if it’s just a snippet that would be great. Right now its the only software that is creating so many xtra option records. Thanks again…

1 year ago
Robert

Is ACP responsible for the wp_usermeta entries starting ac_*?

Thanks.

1 year ago
Developer

Yes, they are.
We store user preferences related to our plugin for the following features:

– Last visited column set on the table
– Last visited screen on the column settings page
– Preference of exportable column on the table per column set
– Custom column width per user
– Custom column order per user
– Custom Table preference, like showing buttons, horizontal scrolling, etc
– Dismissed notices.

1 year ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.