Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
GeneralReason

Query by returned term from taxonomy admin column

When clicking a returned term value from a posts / custom posts admin column view, that same post type is queried for all postings ‘tagged’ with the same term; the admin stays in that same post type admin column view.

The same doesn’t happen from a taxonomy column view perspective; when clicking a returned term value (term value retrieved by ACF custom field), no query occurs instead the admin is sent to the term edit screen.

What do I need to do so that while on a taxonomy admin column view page when I click on a returned term value -then the specific taxonomy is queried for any other terms ‘tagged’ with the same returned term?

Further more, the taxonomy column view page displays a linkable post count value. When clicked on a query and listing of all relevant posts (still in back-end admin column view) is the result. I see that it is difficult to display all relevant postings when it includes custom post types as well. Or is it?

7 years, 7 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Just to be sure.
You have added related taxonomies to taxonomies with ACF right?

Please notice that you use 2 different columns with different behavior.

1) On you post overview you probably use the Taxonomy column. Clicking on a taxonomy term will indeed filter the current overview page with that specific taxonomy

2) On the taxonomy overview you use the ACF taxonomy field column. The way ACF stores a taxonomy is completely different on how normal taxonomies are stored to a post.

So to be short, it is currently not available to have the same behavior for the ACF Taxonomy column as for the Taxonomy column that is available on posts. This behavior is how we want it to be.

If you like to change the behavior, you’ll have to create your own column, or alter the value by using one of the following filters:
https://www.admincolumns.com/documentation/filter-reference/cac-column-value/
https://www.admincolumns.com/documentation/filter-reference/cac-column-meta-value/

7 years, 7 months ago
GeneralReason

Thanks for the followup Stefan.

So in the future do you plan to code ACF taxonomy column to be filter-able just like the taxonomy column that is available on posts’ column views?

I’ve looked into altering the value using the referenced filters… any way I could get some coding/customization help please?

7 years, 7 months ago
Developer

In our next release, filtering on ACF multiple fields will be possible.
So ACF fields like the relationship, multiple checkboxes will be filterable.
I can give you some guidance on how to use the filters I mentioned. Please contact me on the live chat!

7 years, 7 months ago
GeneralReason

@Stefan: Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
I really need to filter by ACF Fields; its something I need to implement now before my database starts increasing.
I’m having a bit of a hard time using the filters towards my admin column overview objectives.
As per our last discussion, the beta version of the pro you had me try had a few other bugs; any further developments with that? Can you please help me with one of my custom filter overview objectives? I should be good on my own from there.
Anyway I can better show you my concern? When is the next time you are available by chat?

7 years, 7 months ago
Developer

Please try to contact me tomorrow on the live chat.
The 4.0 release is still planned for next month.

7 years, 7 months ago
GeneralReason

Hello Stefan.

I seems I am finding it difficult to chat with you online due to timezone difference.
I am EST. What times of the weekdays’ is an ideal time to find you online?

When is 4.0 set to release this month?

7 years, 6 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.