Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Rob

Product Attributes

Hi There,

I would like to have an overview of product attributes on the product overview. On this page, I would also like to filter on specific product attributes. We are having Brands as a attribute, and cannot search/ filter on this now.

I hope you can help me

4 years, 10 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

In order to understand the working our ‘Attributes’ column, you need to understand how Attributes work in WooCommerce. WooCommerce has two kinds of attributes per product

– Taxonomy Attributes: Can be re-used for other products as well since the relations consist of a term-post relationship.

– Custom Attributes: Custom attributes that are stored on product level. It’s recommended to use this way if you have attributes that are specific for a single product.

Our Attribute column can be configured in three different ways.

– Show All Attributes
This way all available attributes are shown in a single column. Since this is one big collection of possible custom and taxonomy attributes, it’s not possible to use our pro features for this display.

– Single Taxonomy Attribute
Because of the consistent way WordPress manages its taxonomy relationships, we can apply our search/editing, etc feature for this configuration. The downside is that you need a single column for every attribute you want to display.

– Single Custom Attribute
Same as single taxonomy attribute but without the ability to filter on the value.

So the only way to search for specific attributes in your case is when you have taxonomy attributes with a single column for each attribute you want to search on. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

4 years, 10 months ago
Danny Boktor

I’m looking to have a column in the orders screen view that will display our “color attribute” I am not seeing this or taxonomy as an option. Please advise.

3 years, 8 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

@Danny
We currently have no options to show Product attributes on the order overview.
The Product details column will give you a lot of the product information, including the attribute, but it comes with other information as well.

3 years, 8 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.