Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Eyal

Problem with custom fields

I’m trying to show a column of a custom field (The custom field gets a taxonomy).
The new column appears but shows the ID of the taxonomy and not its name..

8 years, 2 months ago
Eyal

When i select “Field Type” as “Term Name” i get empty

8 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Eyal,

There are a lot of different ways to store a taxonomy in a custom field. Just a ID is not enough to display a taxonomy’s name when you don’t know which taxonomy it is for. We did start with a Field type ‘Term Name’ a while ago which was specifically written for PODS. This is because we know how Pods stores related Taxonomy fields. Unfortunately this type does not work for you.

You could write your own column to show the correct name (developer guide) based on your ID. Because you know which taxonomy is used for this column, it should be not that difficult.

Another way to show the term name might be to install Advanced Custom Fields and create a relation field or taxonomy field. We have an addon for ACF which show the Term Name or other related fields.

For the Field type ‘Term name’, we probably will remove this option because this is causing to many question on how this field type works. Sorry for the inconvenience.

8 years, 2 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.