Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Mike Packard

Popup checkbox selector too narrow

Can we please edit the width of the checkbox selection dialog that pops up in inline edit of media library when you want to edit a checkbox field and it has a large number of entries that are very long (wide).
Because the popup has a maximum width of 272px, an entry like “Best Use of Traditional Woodworking Techniques” will wrap around.
If there are more than 14 possible choices (rows), then the top of the selection box is off-screen, causing the user to have to scroll up, defeating the whole purpose of wanting to be efficient.
This is really something that can be easily fixed by allowing the user to have an additional option to widen the popup box to whatever they want. In my case, I would want to double it.
I have a screen shot but this forum doesn’t allow me to attach it. That should be addressed as well, so you can more clearly see what people are talking about.

2 years, 4 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hello,

Can you send me your screenshot to support@admincolumns.com?
I believe that another option for just changing the width will not benefit the usability of the settings screen, but we could give you an option to change the width with CSS for example. If you have a screenshot of what you mean, we can have a though about how to solve the issue.

2 years, 4 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

For anyone who needs this, you can use the following snippet to make the checkboxes wider.

add_action( 'admin_head', function(){
	?>
	<style>
		.aceditable.-checkbox .input__checkbox {
			width: 300px;
			white-space: nowrap;
			text-overflow: ellipsis;
			overflow: hidden;
		}
	</style>
	<?php
});
2 years, 3 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.