Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the community forum?
All Topics
Philippe

Polylang integration

Maybe I did something wrong, but when I turned on Polylang integration for a new Custom Post Type, I was unable to get Admin Columns Pro to display all the language/translation Columns – I never got more than 2 out of 3 languages to display at the same time.
So maybe a checkbox “Polylang” somewhere in ACP might be quite helpful.

2 years ago
Philippe

Ah, “Restore columns” did the trick.
So, probably no need for the aforementioned checkbox, but maybe a hint somewhere in the documentation?

2 years ago
Stefan
Developer

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to reproduce this issue and see if we want to build in any support for this.

2 years ago
alex7

Hello Stefan,

Any news on this issue ? I get the same problem. It will be great for AdminColumns to handle Polylang columns 🙂

1 month ago
Tom Bruyneel

Same issue here, after enabling admin columns on a custom type (PODS) the polylang columns don’t work as expected.

4 weeks, 1 day ago
Stefan
Developer

Hi All,

There is not really a ‘fix’ for this, just a workaround.
The problem is that our plugin needs to save the column state of all default columns loaded and managed by admin columns. This means that dynamic columns like Polylang, do not work in combination with our column management.
You could create a new column set and let it behave as a default overview (so without the interference of our plugin).
To do that you can follow these steps.

1) Create a new column set and give it a name that implies that you’re working with the default overview (or for Polylang purposes)
2) For the new column set, click on the ‘restore columns’ link on the right of the settings screen. This will reset the column set to the default settings
3) The most important step is not to save the column set

This overview should exactly work as Polylang intended.

3 weeks, 6 days ago
Kenneth

Stefan:
I’d like a clarification on this work-around. I run Admin Columns Pro with Polylang (two languages) in a Multisite environment. Using your workaround I was able to create a new Column Set that in fact has the default functionality you describe. Here’s what’s unusual. On one of my multi-sites I have a POSTS list (this problem apparently exists with both Posts and CPT’s) that contains an “Original” column-set that contains both language flags and functions as anticipated, including having all the Admin Columns with inline editing and new column sets available. Apparently, I have not attempted to add any new columns under this “Original” column set and apparently haven’t hit the Save button either. Am I correct in assuming that this is how both flag columns remain functional in this column set even though it contains many new columns with full functionality under Admin Columns? If so, I am assuming that this issue began after Column Set functionality was added in a prior version of Admin Columns. If so, would we be able to install a prior version of Admin Columns, add columns as desired, then upgrade making sure never to Save that modified Original set. Would we then be able to retain a single Original column set with full functionality, including added columns with inline editing, and retain all language flags in that set alone?

3 weeks, 1 day ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.