Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
zayne

plugin does not update anymore

When trying to update the plugin from 4.5.7 to 4.5.8 I get the following error:

Update Failed: Download failed. cURL error 18: transfer closed with 343737 bytes remaining to read

Please advise.

4 years, 11 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Last week, we had some issues on our server. You can follow one of the following steps to update the plugin, after that this issue should be solved for the next updates.

1) Download the latest version from your account page on our website and do a manual install. This way you know for sure you have the correct download link.
2) Try to update the plugin again for max 2 times, it should work at least the third time. For some reason, it seems to go well the third time.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience, but I hope that you’re able to install the plugin with the instructions above.
Please let me know if you have further questions.

4 years, 11 months ago
liat

Thank you for having a public searchable forum! This helped solve my problem as well.

4 years, 11 months ago
Developer

Unfortunately, we still have some issues for people who try to download the latest version and we’re working together with our hosting provider to solve this issue. It seems to be random so it is extremely hard to tell if changes we make work or not. Therefore any help from you would help us to solve this issue.

So if anyone experiencing the issue not downloading the package completely, please send me a ping to support@admincolumns.com so we know the issue still exist. Thanks!

4 years, 11 months ago
zayne

The plugin now successfully updated using the wordpress auto upgrade function. I didn’t have to upload the zip file in the end.

4 years, 11 months ago
Latinka

I had the same problem. The 3rd time I tried to update it, it worked. Thanks for your instructions.

4 years, 11 months ago
jrood

We get the same error and are not able to update automatically through the plugins or updates pages. Could it be related to the site not knowing whether this version is compatible with WP 5.2?

It shows this on the plugins page for the update:

Compatibility with WordPress 5.2: Unknown

4 years, 11 months ago
Developer

The issue has nothing to do with the environment or the compatible version of WordPress.
We can even reproduce the issue when just downloading the file from our website.
Unfortunately, we’re still not able to find a fix for this issue together with our hosting provider.
We’ll keep you posted about the status in this topic.

4 years, 11 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.