Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Gordon

Ordering

Hello I bought this plugin so I can enable sorting on all fields. There is no option to enable sorting on the field that I want to sort – for example: date

How do I add sorting to specific fields when there is no icon for it/

9 years, 10 months ago
David Mosterd
Developer

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for reaching out. Have you seen our instructions on sorting yet? You can find it here: https://www.admincolumns.com/documentation/how-to/enable-sorting-column/

Should that not answer your question, can you please provide me with some more details? Like is the column you want to sort a custom field, WordPress default or may added by a 3th party plugin? And is it a custom post type or a regular post or page?

Hope this answers your question. Have a great day!

9 years, 10 months ago
Gordon

Thanks for getting back to me…

Yes I have seen the help topic.

I want to be able to sort all the columns. I have a custom post type and would like to sort all the fields there to. But I only see the option to sort by title and submitted by.

9 years, 10 months ago
Jesper

Could you provide us with some more information on this issue? What column are you trying to sort — a custom field, a column added by a 3rd party plugin, or another column? Just about all columns are sortable, especially for posts, pages and custom post types.

9 years, 10 months ago
Gordon

Hello Jesper, it is a custom post type. The fields are called:

Ticket title, Ticket ID, Status, Priority, Type, Submitted by, Assigned to, Comments, Date

I am able to sort, Ticket title, Date and Comments…

I need to be able to sort them all.

Many thanks

Gordon.

9 years, 10 months ago
Jesper

Hi Gordon,

Could you answer my other questions as well? What column are you trying to sort — a custom field, a column added by a 3rd party plugin, or another column?

With kind regards,
Jesper

9 years, 10 months ago
Gordon

I am using a template by woothemes called supportpress. It has a custom post type.
I think some of the columns are meta data, some are categories… would it help if I gave you access to the site?

9 years, 10 months ago
Gordon

Hello, anybody there?

9 years, 10 months ago
Jesper

Hi Gordon,

I’m sorry, the thread must have slipped through! Could you provide me with a few screenshots to describe your problem?

With kind regards,
Jesper

9 years, 10 months ago
Gordon

Yes were do I upload them?

9 years, 10 months ago
Jesper

You could host them on TinyPic or ImageShack, or the image hosting site of your liking.

With kind regards,
Jesper

9 years, 10 months ago
Gordon

Hey Jesper, we bought this plugin because we wanted to enable sorting on all fields.
I am using a template by woothemes called supportpress. It has a custom post type called ‘tickets’ and we need to be able to sort all of the fields. I only seem to be able to sort, or have the option to sort, Ticket title, Date and Comments.

We want to enable sorting on all the fields. Or if not in the backend, on the actual ticket archive.

http://www.fluffytech.co.uk/screenshots/screen-shot-001.png

http://www.fluffytech.co.uk/screenshots/screen-shot-002.png

Many thanks

Gordon

9 years, 10 months ago
Gordon

9 years, 10 months ago
Jesper

Thanks for the screenshots. Could you send me a screenshot of the Admin Columns Settings screen?

9 years, 10 months ago
Jesper

Hi Gordon,

These columns are custom columns added by the plugin you’re using. These types of columns are not sortable in Admin Columns Pro. Unfortunately, we don’t offer that feature, neither the feature to filter or edit these columns: it’s simply quite difficult to handle columns added by third parties.

With kind regards,
Jesper

9 years, 10 months ago
Gordon

Hello Jesper

Ah, yes – I knew it was difficult which is why we bought the plugin…

Seeing as you guys are experts in the field of ‘Admin Columns’ would you consider having a go at making our columns sortable for a fee?

Thank you in advance

Gordon

9 years, 10 months ago
Jesper

Hi Gordon,

We don’t usually provide custom solutions for Admin Columns Pro, but if you want, you can send us an inquiry via https://www.admincolumns.com/contact/.

With kind regards,
Jesper

9 years, 9 months ago
Gordon

Hello Jesper, I sent an email but no reply. We are willing to pay to get this problem sorted. Could you ask for me?

9 years, 9 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.