Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Claudio Castelpietra

Order Items data in Orders page

Hi, when configuring the Orders page, how can I display meta data from the Order Items (WC_Order_Item objects) related to the Order?
Thanks.

1 year ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Currently, we don’t have a column that can show data from the order item data. Since this can contain basically any time of data, we do not have a solution yet to make it configurable. Your only option at this moment is that you create your own column in PHP that shows specific data from the line items.

1 year ago
Claudio Castelpietra

Thank you for your reply.
Regarding “Since this can contain basically any time of data, we do not have a solution yet to make it configurable.” I think you already have a ready solution: when you select Column Type “Custom Field” then you can select the meta field name and the Display Field Type.
Anyway, I’ll try to display such field coding in PHP as you suggested.
Best regards, Claudio.

1 year ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

I completely understand your point, but let me explain the difference between a custom field and an order line item. A custom field is specific to a particular post type and is usually used for every item within that post type. On the other hand, order line items are unique to each individual order item and can include custom data like product or fee information, shipping details, and more.

In most cases, every product has its own custom properties, so creating a column that displays a specific meta field for a particular product might only work if your webshop sells the same items, or if every product shares the same metadata.

Furthermore, we believe that designing an interface for setting up such a column would be quite complex.
If you decide to write your own column and have an idea of how this could work, feel free to share it with us at support@admincolumns.com so we can see if we can support this in our plugin.

1 year ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.