Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Christian Bøgelund

Opening two views of same post type

I am using Admin Columns for a matching process, where I am matching mentors with mentees. In the matching process, I have created two custom layouts, one for mentors and one for mentees.

My issue is: I am currently on the mentor-layout and open a new tab with the mentee-layout. Whenever I refresh the mentor-layout-tab, it reverts back to the mentee-layout-tab.

Hope the text above makes sense. Basically, Admin Columns acts a bit oddly whenever two different layouts are open in separate tabs.

It seems like the issue might be caused by not saving the layout as a GET-parameter once a filter is applied.

Is there any way to solve this issue?

4 years, 1 month ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Thanks for your message.
I suspect that the issue is as follows.

When you just go to an overview page from the menu, the overview loads the last visited column set (layout) unless the ‘layout_id’ param is in the URL. So when you have one overview without the param in the URL you will get another overview, if you changed to another layout in another tab.

I believe it is still possible what you’re trying to do, but make sure that layout_id param is set for both tabs in the URL and you should be good to go.

4 years, 1 month ago
Christian Bøgelund

Thanks for your answer, Stefan.

Technically, I would able to copy-paste the ‘layout_id’-param continously every time I add a filter. However, it seems a bit tedious to do it over and over, every time a filter is added.

If it could be added to the URL every time a filter is applied, it would be way more useful to me.

4 years, 1 month ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Ah, I now see what you mean. When submitting the form on the overview, the layout id is lost in the URL.
It’s more than logic that we make sure that the layout is also sent with the form when doing any filtering requests.
I’ll add it to the next release!
Thanks for your input and the feature request :)

4 years, 1 month ago
Christian Bøgelund

Perfect – thanks a lot! :)

4 years, 1 month ago
Christian Bøgelund

Dear Stefan,

Thanks for the big help and high level of responsiveness so far.

I just updated my plugin to 5.0.3, and it does not seem like the bug-fix was a part of the 5.0.3-update as stated above. To make sure I have explained it properly, here’s a video showing the bug in action: https://youtu.be/u5UZ3qPJKvo.

Notice how the layout changes from “mentees” to “mentorer” without me changing it? That’s my main issue.

4 years, 1 month ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.