Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
mike.perlman

Not displaying on 3rd party custom post type post list

Hi

I am using a Plugin called WP Customer Area.
I can’t use AdminColumns on the post lists for their custom post types BUT your plugin creates it’s own post list for the CPTs with which there is full AdminColumn functionality. I can access this via the Settings–>AdminColumns menu.

Any Ideas how to hack the CPT so I can use the normal CPT post list and access AdminColumns functionality via the built in post list?

Thanks
Mike

6 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Mike,

I did have a quick look at this plugin but I think it would require quite some changes in our code to make it work with this plugin. The problem here is that they use all the normal features of a normal post type. That’s why our plugin recognizes it as a valid overview page. But instead of altering the default overview page for the post types they have, they redirect the default overview page to their own page re-creating the entire overview page with their own logic. To be honest this is not really a good practice in my opinion.

I think there is no good way to make this plugin work with our plugin. There would be another option that you write your own Admin Columns Listscreen for their Post types, but I would not recommend this if you’re not a good PHP developer. If you’re interested, I can point you into the right direction.

6 years, 2 months ago
mike.perlman

Hi Stefan

I appreciate the detailed response.

I guess this plugin doesn’t play well with others. They only offer ACF v4 free compatibility as another example.

I am using the Admin Columns screen but from a workflow point of view it’s a pain. Since there is no other solution, I will bake the Admin Columns->CPT view screen links into menu items.

Cheers
Mike

6 years, 2 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.