Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
James Alborough

Ninja Forms date fields ignored

Hi there,
Testing the $99 version of your plugin on Ninja forms and have noticed the following. Can you confirm that these are they way things are or am I missing something?

1. I cannot filter based on a Ninja forms date fields. It looks like I can only sort. I want to filter so that I choose all entries falling between two values of a date field (not the date submitted field)

2. When I click the column heading for my Date field (to change the direction of the sort), I loose all the entries (yikes). Only by clicking reset sorting do they all return (phew)

3. For some reason, I only see and export the first 5 fields of my form. I can’t believe that that is a restriction. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

4 years, 4 months ago
James Alborough

Please scratch item #3: Screen options takes care of that. Very curious about items #1 and #2

4 years, 4 months ago
James Alborough

Well, #2 magically fixed itself. So now I am down to wondering about #1.

4 years, 4 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

It should be possible to Smart Filter on the default Ninja Forms date columns.
There is no drop down on the overview by default, but instead, you should be able to click on ‘Add filter’ button on the left of your screen, select the date column and select how you want to filter on the date. Multiple operators should be possible like: Is, after, before, between, future and past.

Can you let me know if that works?

4 years, 4 months ago
James Alborough

Thanks for the response, Stefan. Unfortunately, no date fields are available in the Add Filter dropdown. It shows all the other fields and omits the date fields (in addition to the submission date, I have 3 other date fields in my form and none display)

In the admin columns setup, it indicates that date fields are enabled for “smart filtering” but they don’t show up.

4 years, 4 months ago
Developer

I did have another good look at it.
Smart Filtering is indeed not supported for the Date field in Ninja Forms Submissions.
I tested it with a field called ‘Date’ while there is also a default Date field available that works (the created date) so I did not notice that.
The reason it is not supported is because of the default date format for this field. That format cannot be used to query the database with date type operations (between, ranges, etc). Besides that, it’s also possible to set the date format for the field. Our plugin support ISO dates (Y-m-d) and timestamps out of the box so we could at least check if the date format is one of those and still apply Smart Filtering if that is the case. I will create a ticket for that so we can support that in the future, but for not I don’t have a workaround for you.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

4 years, 4 months ago
James Alborough

Hi Stefan,

I changed my Ninja form date fields to by YYYYY-mm-dd and it didn’t make a difference. After doing that, I did not see the date fields show up under smart filtering.
Is there anything like a cache clearance needed?

If not and it just doesn’t work, I appreciate you submitting a ticket about this.

4 years, 4 months ago
Developer

It indeed does not work yet, as this is not implemented at all (no matter the date format setting).
I already made a ticket for this to support smart filtering for date fields with Y-m-d and Timestamps.

4 years, 4 months ago
James Alborough

Thank you. Looking forward to it!

4 years, 4 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.