Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
eric14

Newly Created Custom Fields Not Showing Up

Hello,

I created a couple of new custom fields for the billing section and when I go to add them to the Orders Column they are not showing up in the dropdown to select them. I thought that something wasn’t updating so I quit for the day and the next morning a couple of the fields decided to show up for me to select them in the dropdown box under the Custom Fields section.

I’ve since been working on getting my fields to show up and they just don’t update quickly. Some will take an hour to show up while others can take 3-6 hours to finally show up in the dropdown for me to select them.

Have you heard of this happening before? I’ve deactivated the plugins and reactivated them thinking it would grab the newly created fields but that didn’t work either. I also rebooted my server and that didn’t work.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this lag?

5 years, 4 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hello,

Please notice that there must be at least 1 record for the post type overview you’re on, that contains a value of the custom field. The list of available custom fields is based on a SQL distinct query and it looks for posts with custom fields attached to them.

So if you create a test post and populate all your custom fields and save your post, it should be available in the drop down to create your columns. After that, you can remove your test post.

Can you let me know if that works for you?

5 years, 4 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.