Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Helen Seddon

Neither ACP or addons can be activated via wp-cli

Got a bizarre situation where I’m installing ACP and the ACF/WooCommerce addons via wp-cli. That all works fine, but it’s impossible to activate them via wp-cli (“wp plugin activate plugins_here”). I just get a warning message stating:

“Could not activate ‘admin-columns-pro’ plugin.” and the same for the other two addons.

What’s annoying is even if I activate the plugins via the wp-admin area they work fine, but if I use “wp plugin list” via the terminal, to get the list of plugins, ACP and the addons are listed as “inactive” which then causes them to be deactivated when updating any other plugins via wp-cli. I’ve checked permissions on the plugins directory & the plugins, completely removed the plugins and reinstalled fresh copies. WP-CLI just completely ignores the actual plugin status. Not entirely sure whether this is ACP-related or an issue with WP-CLI, but it doesn’t happen with any of my other plugins.

This happens in my local development environment, a staging environment and our live sites.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Or a solution to fix this?
Thanks.

1 year, 8 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Thanks for your feedback,
I tried to reproduce the issue where the plugins are already unpacked in my plugin dir and found no issues trying to (de)activate the plugins with wp-cli. They are also listed correctly with “wp plugin list”.
Can you tell me how you have actually installed the plugins to your installation? There is no way to install the plugins with wp-cli because they come from our own server. It is possible to use composer to do it by code.

1 year, 8 months ago
Helen Seddon

Weird. It’s doing the same for me, even on a fresh WP install. I’ll try it on some other sites as well and report back (both local and live).

Installed via command line, using the zip files from my ACP account, with “wp plugin install” command and pointing to each plugin zip location.

1 year, 8 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

Could you email us the download link you have used?

1 year, 8 months ago
Helen Seddon

Sent :)

1 year, 8 months ago
Helen Seddon

Resolved. Error was not related to ACP, but to a website function preventing certain plugins from being loaded on the front end of the site, which caused wp-cli to think plugins referenced in this function were inactive when they weren’t.

1 year, 7 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Thanks for letting us know.
I’ll close this topic.

1 year, 7 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.