Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
michael14

Multisite: Sub site filters populating with data from other sub sites.

I’m using Admin Columns for a youth sports database. This organization has many franchises that we have organized into subdomain sites within a WordPress Multisite. The issue is that the dropdown filter fields for Admin Columns are being populated with data from other franchises within the organization. It is inconsistent, but frequent. For instance, Texas franchise has the sports Soccer, Girls Volleyball, and Baseball, but their “sport” dropdown shows only Elite Volleyball, Basketball, and Football, which belong to our North Phoenix league.

I have disabled caching and the issue is still present. Please advise on what we ought to do.

2 years, 7 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

There is no column or code in our plugin that intentionally loads columns or data from other sub-sites so at this moment I have no idea what could cause this. Can you send me a screenshot of your columns and filters that give this odd result? Can you also send me a list of the plugins that you’re using so I can have an idea where to look in our code? Please send the additional information to support@admincolumns.com.

2 years, 7 months ago
michael14

I am sorry for taking so long to reply to this request. The client had another issue that took priority.

We are using quite a few plugins on this site, but I have been able to reproduce the issue even with the other plugins off. The issue is with Cloudflare I believe. We’re using Cloudflare for our caching and security. Here’s what happens:

We have a custom taxonomy called “Age Division” for our posts. Each sub site in our multi-site has this taxonomy. However, the labels on these age-divisions differ as I said in my original post. When the Admin Columns dropdown gets populated, it populates whatever data was last cached. I have been able to lower the time it takes for this cache to expire, but I haven’t been able to get rid if it completely. I’ve set Cloudflare to bypass cache to all subdomains /wp-admin folder and their /ajax url. This hasn’t fixed the issue. The only thing that helped was to set the Browser Cache TTL to 2 minutes (cloudflare’s minimum) and that helps me be able to switch from one sub-site to another and have the values reload after a few minutes. However, if both sub-sites are being used at the same time, one will always see the loaded values from the other.

Do you have any suggestions on what might help?

2 years, 4 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Just to be sure, are you talking about the Filter drop-down that is on top of the table or the drop-down that is available within our Smart Filter feature (when clicking the add filter button). I want to rule out if this might be a multisite/cache issue so I like to reproduce your use case on my local multisite environment, so any information on how can set up my environment would help. Feel free to send me any data to support@admincolumns.com

2 years, 4 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.