Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
alex7

Meta title and meta description columns for taxonomy pages

Hello,

I tried to add columns for meta title and meta description for taxonomy pages but Admin Columns doen’t allow that. Do you plan to add this feature to your Yoast SEO addon ?

It will be very helpful to edit them on taxonomy pages (category, tags and custom taxonomies).

Thanks a lot
Alex

3 years, 1 month ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Actually, the Meta title and description columns are not added by our plugin but by Yoast. We only enhance those columns with our pro feature. But if those columns are not available in the ‘Default’ section when adding a column, it means that the column is not made available for that taxonomy list page by Yoast. If I remember correctly, there is an option in Yoast to add those columns for taxonomy list pages.

3 years, 1 month ago
alex7

Thanks for your response.

Sadly, a such option doen’t exist at this time. Actually, there was a similar issue a few weeks ago.

I guess we have to ask Yoast support for adding those columns to taxonomy pages.

Thanks

3 years, 1 month ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Did you try the latest version of the Yoast integration?
I did indeed created the title and description column for taxonomies, now you remind me of it.
It was added in 1.0.3 of the Yoast integration.

3 years, 1 month ago
alex7

Yes, I’ve the 1.0.3 version of the Yoast integration with Yoast SEO 16.0.1.

Here is a screenshot from a taxonomy page : https://www.dropbox.com/s/8evqhhz5s2y1c8x/Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202021-03-17%20%C3%A0%2007.03.21.png?dl=0

When I try to add a new column to this taxonomy page, I can’t find a Yoast data section similar to the one available in CPTs.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmr0pubxizd442i/Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202021-03-17%20%C3%A0%2007.05.24.png?dl=0

3 years, 1 month ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.