Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
josh hinden

Line truncation – possible?

Hi there – I’m wondering if it’s possible to ‘truncate’ a line in the table with an ellipsis. Seems like it should be an easy thing to add, perhaps I’ve missed it. Thanks!

2 years ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

For what column type do you need this feature?
We have this feature for the custom field column as well for most text fields in our custom field integrations.
It must be implemented per column where this feature could be useful so if you have a column where it can be useful, please let me know so we can decide if we will implement it.

2 years ago
josh hinden

Ah cool, I’ll check that out! Just bought the plugin so haven’t explored it completely yet.

I personally dislike tables that run tall over several lines, especially when there is just one culprit, so would love to have truncation more available – or perhaps a custom css class would be cool.

For example, I have some categories that are long and just need to see the first few words to make the association with something else of more importance that I’m looking at. Another example I had was viewing when displaying ‘parent/child/ancestor’ pages. I need to know which parent it belongs to, but I can sort it out in most cases without viewing the entire string. Would much prefer to have an ellipsis or tooltip in those cases where it’s not super important to see everything. My 2 cents ;)

Thanks!

2 years ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

It is good to know that our plugin has a feature that allows you to have horizontal scrolling on your tables, making it less of an issue to have many or long columns. In combination with out latest column resize (5.7) feature, you can easily create tables that do not span over multiple lines.

2 years ago
josh hinden

Thanks Stefan. Good to know. Are those columns stored with each set or global? Unfortunately I can’t (yet) use horizontal scrolling as there is a bug with another admin sorting plugin I’m using though I’m speaking with their dev to resolve that.

2 years ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.